Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Jack Grealish

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
Apart from the fact it's totally disgraceful its also quite a cowardly attack from behind like that. I bet he wouldnt have had the courage to confront Grealish face to face. I think he was also banking on the fact that because of the circumstances and it being a public arena it was highly unlikely that there would be any chance of physical retaliation by Grealish or anyone else which of course is what happened. Watching it is quite shocking as he could have inflicted some serious damage as Grealish was in no position to defend or prepare himself in any way. The guy doesn't even look that young, at least in his forties. I'd like to see him be forced to take part in a proper fight in a boxing ring face to face. I think he'd crap himself.

27 years old.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I disagree 100% with punishing all the other fans who do nothing wrong by imposing points deductions or closed doors. That's no different to lazy teachers who punish a whole class rather than the individual who does something wrong. If enough dickhead fans get locked up, heavily fined and banned from all clubs for life, the message will eventually get through.

I also don't want Grealish at the Albion, not that we could afford him. The Birmingham/Villa derby is seriously more passionate than Albion/Palace will ever be. Jumping in the crowd in such circumstances is inflammatory and stupid - and no, I didn't condone what Andone did either against Huddersfield.

I hear what you're saying, and normally I'd agree. After all I've moaned about PB's "The whole school will be punished" approach to flasks and bottletops, and also I'm a limp-wristed lefty do-gooder rather than a member of the hang 'em and flog 'em brigade.

However I really do think "the whole school will be punished" is the now right response. Look at the reaction of the Birmingham fans when the **** ran on; they were laughing. They were even laughing after he'd attacked him. Maybe their reaction even spurred him on once he'd run onto the pitch - and I'll bet he had a twisted thought process that went: "Yeah I'll probably cop a ban and a fine, but I'll be a total legend amongst Blues fans, so it'll be worth it. Everyone will buy me a beer." If they knew that the entire fanbase will be punished they may not have been so enthusiastic - and he may even have thought twice knowing that he'd be seen as the **** that got everybody punished.

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
I hear what you're saying, and normally I'd agree. After all I've moaned about PB's "The whole school will be punished" approach to flasks and bottletops, and also I'm a limp-wristed lefty do-gooder rather than a member of the hang 'em and flog 'em brigade.

However I really do think "the whole school will be punished" is the now right response. Look at the reaction of the Birmingham fans when the **** ran on; they were laughing. They were even laughing after he'd attacked him. Maybe their reaction even spurred him on once he'd run onto the pitch - and I'll bet he had a twisted thought process that went: "Yeah I'll probably cop a ban and a fine, but I'll be a total legend amongst Blues fans, so it'll be worth it. Everyone will buy me a beer." If they knew that the entire fanbase will be punished they may not have been so enthusiastic - and he may even have thought twice knowing that he'd be seen as the **** that got everybody punished.

With regards to everyone cheering when it happened I could guarantee that if it happened to Zaha on Saturday 80% of the away end would have cheered and laughed. Only after a couple of minutes when it sank in what had actually just happened would 99% of those people realise that it was an absolute shithouse thing to do.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
With regards to everyone cheering when it happened I could guarantee that if it happened to Zaha on Saturday 80% of the away end would have cheered and laughed. Only after a couple of minutes when it sank in what had actually just happened would 99% of those people realise that it was an absolute shithouse thing to do.

Point is though that it didn't happen, no Brighton fan did run on the pitch and clobber one of their players, probably because we know it is a shithouse thing to do

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Imagine if someone did lamp Wilf though. Hmm. Yes...I’m imagining it right now.

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
Point is though that it didn't happen, no Brighton fan did run on the pitch and clobber one of their players, probably because we know it is a shithouse thing to do

Out of say 50,000 fans, it may be the case 49,999 know that. Only takes one 'off his head idiot' to do it, and we would mostly laugh until the gravity of it all sinks in. Which was my point about beating the Birmingham fans with it for initially laughing. That said, Birmingham always seem to have been blessed with more than their fair share of idiots,

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
”The officer who was carrying Mitchell off the pitch said Mitchell thought Mr Grealish was a nob,” said the prosecutor.

”Mitchell claims he was not intoxicated and was with his father and did it as a joke.

What sort of joke involves hitting a player on the pitch

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
Sentence this afternoon

Yet some of things that have happened recently in a rapidly deteriorating Hassocks are waiting months before they go to court.

Drink drivers and football fans fall into roughly the same bracket where the courts are concerned, the lowest of the low.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here