Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Borussia Dortmund - Tinpot ?

theboybilly

This from someone who's club anthem is from a completely irrelevant randomly-plucked obscure 1960's slice of PAP, that nobody likes, or remembers.

Lets face it. The sole reason it was adopted by CPFC was because it has a great big "DUM DUM" in the middle of the chorus, so that your mammering lobotomised slack-jawed dead-eyed GUDGEONS in the stands have something supremely basic to clap along to. Like a diseased drugged-up lab rat twitching a leg to an electrical current.

When you have a proper, genuine anthem like the famous and evocative WW1 marching song Sussex By the Sea, your feeble 'Dave Clark Five' shabbering dreck doesn't quite cut it. Does it.

Is that the same Dave Clark Five that came from Tottenham? :D

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
This from someone who's club anthem is from a completely irrelevant randomly-plucked obscure 1960's slice of PAP, that nobody likes, or remembers.

Lets face it. The sole reason it was adopted by CPFC was because it has a great big "DUM DUM" in the middle of the chorus, so that your mammering lobotomised slack-jawed dead-eyed GUDGEONS in the stands have something supremely basic to clap along to. Like a diseased drugged-up lab rat twitching a leg to an electrical current.

When you have a proper, genuine anthem like the famous and evocative WW1 marching song Sussex By the Sea, your feeble 'Dave Clark Five' shabbering dreck doesn't quite cut it. Does it.

This thread isn’t about Palace.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Its a thread about anthems. Your presence and jibes against BHA invited retaliation.

You've been here 1500 times, you should know how this works.

Maybe the big match on Saturday is getting to some? This Nigel isn't known for confrontation Easy.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Maybe the big match on Saturday is getting to some? This Nigel isn't known for confrontation Easy.

If they didn't want confrontation, they wouldn't be here. But unlike some of their ilk, I don't tend to get personal.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013

:lolol:

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013

[emoji23]

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Mayonaise

May 25, 2014
Haywards Heath
I’ve read it all on here now, a Brighton fan thinks Borussia Dortmund might be‘Tin Pot’ over one song they sing.

Lost for words. :D

Surprised at who posted it mind, have I misunderstood a certain nuance?

Agreed! TBH I don't think we can accuse anybody of being tinpot all the time we need to have the words of our own song on the screen for our own fans to learn. In terms of tin pottery this is almost Reading!

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Recommend a visit to watch Dortmund to any football fan Best atmosphere I have seen at a ground

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

All of that, and still they have to share it with Blackpool.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Agreed! TBH I don't think we can accuse anybody of being tinpot all the time we need to have the words of our own song on the screen for our own fans to learn. In terms of tin pottery this is almost Reading!

Very much this.

Please, please, please lose the words. Unnecessary and well, a bit shit.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Very much this.

Please, please, please lose the words. Unnecessary and well, a bit shit.

All the while people sing "going up to win the cup" (not even the correct, wrong words: "going up and we'll win the cup"), the words on the screen are a sad necessity.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
It was a hit from Carousel that was popularised by a group from Merseyside. ...!

Indeed. Became the Liverpool fans' anthem when Liverpool band Gerry and the Pacemakers released a version. It's been copied by everybody since then.

Weirdly some Celtic fans think they adopted it first! Shows how gentrified football as become as there is absolutely no way working class Celtic fans in the 1960s (with already a rich variety of Irish rebel songs) would suddenly have started singing a song from a twee American musical.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
All the while people sing "going up to win the cup" (not even the correct, wrong words: "going up and we'll win the cup"), the words on the screen are a sad necessity.

Sadly, I agree. The bloke next to me still screws up Oh Sussex, Sussex by the sea, too - and it’s the first line he joins in with! :facepalm:

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
You should get over this. Nothing wrong at all with the words from SBTS being up on the screens.

They are obviously not there for the thousands of Albion fans who have been happily singing them for years. They are there for the away fans to see and any other visitors on the day.

We are one of very few clubs with an anthem worthy of such veneration.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Not bothered about the song but would love to have that atmosphere at the Amex!!

Nearly 25K on that ALL-STANDING terrace. And nobody dies. Are you listening Mr Barber? Give us standing terracing and I promise you will get the noise!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Worse, I often now hear the North singing a version of the dirge that the palarse 'ultras' (nicked from somewhere and) 'popularised'. Puts my teeth on edge. Tinpottery of the 'stripes go marching in' variety. Stand by for 'Maybe it's because I'm a Brightoner' :facepalm:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here