Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Article 50 should be revoked now. A deal should be thrashed out, voted on so everyone knows what they ate voting for, and then the government will have their mandate, instead of the unholy mess of lies and deceit at the moment.

You mean extended not revoked don’t you. How do the EU negotiate another withdrawal agreement to Leave if A50 is revoked and no notice of intention to Leave is in play. Even the EU must abide by the treaty articles and not negotiate a withdrawal agreement before notice to Leave has been given. Negotiations can only start after notice to leave has been given.

Easy mistake to make though on the cuff, unless the real intention is to pull a fast one and stop brexit dead

Last edited:

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
I’m afraid the time comes when you have to protect some people from themselves.

You mean sometimes the people are too stupid and their democratic vote should be ignored in favor of the opinions of those who know better.

Not a fan of democracy are you.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I’m afraid the time comes when you have to protect some people from themselves.
Wow, that kind of talk is dangerous and smacks of totalitarianism.

It's my view or no view kind of logic.

I wish the referendum had never happened. Even with the result that I wanted. It has stirred up extreme attitudes that I did not think existed in such force and i am now genuinely worried about my country.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
There is clearly no appetite or mandate for brexit anymore. Not now we know what it actually is. The PM's deal will fail and we should then either revoke A50 or extened it and have a referendum.
When did you or other remainers have any appetite for Brexit, that makes no sense.

We still don't know what it would look like. So that makes no sense either.

The PM's deal will likely fail yes.

No we should not have another referendum nor should we ignore the first vote just because it didn't suit you.

fanseagull

Dec 18, 2018
And you have highlighted just why referenda are an awful way to decide something. Because unlike a GE, unless the vote is overwhelming in favour of one side, then you get the situation that we are in now, the biggest moan in history. So, no, on that issue I don't agree with Farage but I would have liked an election fought on the principle of leaving the EU.

I agree that the referendum was a monumental mistake which no doubt we will be paying for for many years to come.......

Butch Willykins

Jun 17, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea
There is clearly no appetite or mandate for brexit anymore. Not now we know what it actually is. The PM's deal will fail and we should then either revoke A50 or extened it and have a referendum.

Appetite to leave is stronger than ever. Even the switched on kids want to leave now. See that Channel 4 news special from last week.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Brexit press in meltdown today, they know May's deal will be voted down and there is no acceptable deal going to appear 3 days later...... " 24 hours to save Brexit ".....

#Goingtostay...

fanseagull

Dec 18, 2018
Why should Leavers have to budge at all?.The referendum to Leave the EU was won.We should Leave the EU(not remain) There is no need to continue arguing pre referendum discussions, Leavers do not need to defend their vote and do not need to justify their reasonings to the likes of you or anyone else, but this is what the moaners have insisted on since the result was announced. Your vote was NOT more important than anyone else`s to somehow give you the misguided belief those that disagree with you should be subject to extra scrutiny.

The divisiveness however is easy to remedy and bring to an end. It is 100% the fault of the losers. Stop the whining about losing a democratic vote and insisting Brexit must be stopped because some people cant stand having their opinions not yielded to, stop trying to wreck democratic accountability with the absurd thinking of re-running an IN/OUT referendum or supporting parliament simply ignoring the vote by revoking Article 50 all together.
Accept the vote to Leave must be honoured and we must Leave the European Union.
This is the pathway to end the divisiveness you seek.

You could start by trying to understand why even questioning if honouring a democratic vote is a good thing to do or a way forward would be seen as a contemptuous belief. If you cant even fathom that then you deserve all the mockery coming your direction. The bog standard bar of democracy is set at the default of honouring a democratic vote even if you personally don’t agree with it. This isn’t rocket science. Its basic democracy 1.0.

....and therein lies the problem; you haver no inclination to find any solution to heal the divisions. 'Just get on with it....' I doubt if we will find any satisfactory way forward from you. The vote was clearly dodgy, no one seems happy with the government's solution or no brexit, people are becoming more and more angry on both sides. Your solution...... 'get on with it'. Oh, and denigrating anyone who doesn't agree that we should plough on regardless.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house

I think you might just be unpleasantly surprised, the appetite to get out of this busted flush called the EU is stronger than ever,people are seeing through project fear 2 as they did project fear part 1.
The only thing stopping Brexit now will be a handful of traitor MPs,if that happens stand well back and watch the fireworks...
#jesuisgilletsjaunes
On our way.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
BrExit - the countdown to 11PM GMT on Friday 29th of March 2019

Brexit press in meltdown today, they know May's deal will be voted down and there is no acceptable deal going to appear 3 days later...... " 24 hours to save Brexit ".....

#Goingtostay...

As this thread proves, Brexiteers need to fight hard to keep Brexit alive; a second referendum will kill it off now that most people understand the implications a lot clearer. The far right seem to have taken over the leave campaign; here are the tactics:

1. Paint ‘remainers’ or anyone else who wants a second referendum as traitors, especially MPs.
2. Threaten widespread violence and disorder similar to that in France.

If there is violence and disorder with an announcement of a Second Referendum, you could probably cut 10%+ off the leave share of the vote. Brexit is on life support.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I think it's fantastic that just as we are apparently coming out of 8 years of austerity affecting the public, that we take a huge gamble with a very good chance that we could put ourselves back into an even worse situation in the short and probably medium and maybe even long term, only this time affecting not only the public but business as well.
I know we are a nation of gamblers but this is beyond stupidity.
Someone needs to grow some balls and stop this ridiculous farce right now.

fanseagull

Dec 18, 2018
I think you might just be unpleasantly surprised, the appetite to get out of this busted flush called the EU is stronger than ever,people are seeing through project fear 2 as they did project fear part 1.
The only thing stopping Brexit now will be a handful of traitor MPs,if that happens stand well back and watch the fireworks...
#jesuisgilletsjaunes
On our way.

'fireworks'? 'traitors'? .... you are on the way to invoking public disorder.... will you just watch the fireworks or are you gearing up for violent action?

fanseagull

Dec 18, 2018
So if the vote had been 90% leave, 10% remain, you would still be fighting it then. Because there isn't anything which would stop you from wanting to ensure that your children are not losers, if that's what you believe will happen.

Which makes everything you've said about how close it was and how the large minority deserve to be listened to kind of disingenuous really doesn't it.

You tend to be creative in your interpretation of posts that disagree with your perspective. An overwhelming win for Brexit would mean this is not a country I am comfortable living in and I would have to contemplate leaving..... I guess that would be true of many of your notional 10% Remain voters. Hypothetical though... Please don't mangle this message to suit your argument.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Not gonna get my hopes up but Brexit looking less and less likely as the days pass.

We elect leaders to act in our best interests. What better demonstration of true democracy than our elected leaders reversing Brexit , thus acting in our best interests.

This will be hard for some to swallow. But fear not. The predicted thug uprising and violence on our streets will be a laughable flash in the pan.

We could be on our way folks, on our way back!!

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
When did you or other remainers have any appetite for Brexit, that makes no sense.

We still don't know what it would look like. So that makes no sense either.

The PM's deal will likely fail yes.

No we should not have another referendum nor should we ignore the first vote just because it didn't suit you.

It doesn’t suit anyone.

Dr. No

Nov 28, 2016
#jesuisgilletsjaunes
On our way.

No.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here