Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Cricket World Cup Final: ENGLAND v New Zealand *** Official Match Thread ***

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Also, almost as thrilling as England winning is the thought of that utter **** in the commentary box and how deflated he now is.

I’ve never heard such a disgraceful commentary of a sporting event. Shouting “out, out, out” at English cricketers on English TV. What the hell?

He had dual personalities - cocky, loud and chipper at any good news for the Kiwis (biased), then a quietly spoken individual within a second of the last ball.

Willow

Jul 6, 2003
Didcot
I feel for New Zealand, extremely unlucky, and didn’t deserve to lose.

It will be a huge consolation to the Kiwis to know they are not Aussies.

Wise words.

Actually, in terms of sportsmanship, I didn't notice anyone consoling Guptil or Neesham when they were down on their haunches at the end, a la Flintoff consoling Brett Lee. Maybe the cameras never picked it up. It would have been the first thing I would have done after the tightest of tight matches.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Andrew Strauss just said that's the greatest game of cricket ever too.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
We won by a fag paper, we could have lost it at several points but somehow just kept ourselves in the game, New Zealand are very very unlucky to have lost today.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Such a big call to put Archer in the super over. Hoping he can destroy the Aussies in the Ashes

I still had a glimmer of hope he’d be spending the whole summer playing for Sussex.

Well done that man. English cricket legend after just 14 ODI’s.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Actually, in terms of sportsmanship, I didn't notice anyone consoling Guptil or Neesham when they were down on their haunches at the end, a la Flintoff consoling Brett Lee. Maybe the cameras never picked it up. It would have been the first thing I would have done after the tightest of tight matches.

sportsmanship.jpg

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Wise words.

In reality, we’ll never get to know what we’d do in the moment.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I’ve broke out the beers ... don’t usually on a Sunday evening,
I'm about 7 cans of Scrumpy Jack in and I'm normally a good boy on Sunday too.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I stand corrected...lol

Bottom line is apart from losing a couple of games, the last few weeks we beat, India, Australia, New Zealand twice.

Can’t do much better.

Fabulous effort by england

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Without sounding bitter, surely New Zealand won by two wickets? Following it on my phone I logically thought that would be the outcome. But hey, it's just a sport and was very exciting. Tremendous run for my money.

Well done to England for holding their nerve in the super over.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Ridiculous, spineless batting from Root and England. Have they not learnt anything from this WC so far? We are only brilliant when we swing the bat at everything and go for it. What’s all this leaving it and nudging it around for singles? Get the **** on with it, try and win it inside 40 overs and we probably will. I know it’s a tricky pitch but the facts show we won’t chase anything successfully at a slow rate. At least our best player in terms of talent and balls is in there now. It rests on you, Ben.

Its a disgrace that the colonies can win World Cups, while the mother country bottle it again.

Morgan is second only to Mooen Ali as a flakey, gutless poser so anything he does proves nothing.

However, I’d say that if England had bothered to try and hit some boundaries in the last 20ish overs so they didn’t fall behind the RRR he may not have hit that particular ball.

Morgan does nothing when the pressure is on. But if you want someone to hit sixes against Afghanistan or Bangladesh he’s the man.

*snigger*

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here