Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Loan Switch for Albion Defensive Pair (Ben Barclay & Ben Hall)

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The deal's gone through then? Fairy nuff.

Path to the first team blocked by Bruno and Schelotto, said the linked article. Both of them no longer feature - if valued at £4.4M, could have been at least a back-up for Montoya? (although I agree that most on here want Montoya to be the back-up to somebody else).

The deal was done last summer. In the absence of new info, we can assume it is watertight and has gone through.

Maybe we would keep him now, things have changed. But we did the deal...

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Thanks for bouncing this. I’ll link back to this when the Pooh poohers can’t handle us having this business model of selling people on for profit with none or very little first team exposure.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Plymouth Argyle have handed a trial to Ben Barclay, the 22-year-old centre back recently released by Premier League side Brighton and Hove Albion.

As reported by their official website, the defender has been given a chance to prove his worth in the south-west after his release by Graham Potter’s side. He made just one appearance for the Seagulls, in the EFL Cup, as well as three outings for their Under 21 side in the EFL trophy.

A loan move to Notts County followed where he appeared 13 times but was unable to prevent them from slipping out of the Football League. He returned to Brighton having missed the final two matches of the season following a suspension for a red card.

More >>>>>>

I'm sure [MENTION=1276]AZ Gull[/MENTION] will have more info on this :thumbsup:

This never actually transpired as Barclay has supposedly accepted an offer at a League One club, although I haven't seen anything definitive reported in that regard - Former Brighton & Hove Albion defender Ben Barclay opts against Plymouth Argyle trial

However, Lowe confirmed to Plymouth Live that he would not now be heading to the Wetscountry after accepting a contract offer elsewhere.

"Ben didn't come. He was due to come yesterday, but I think he has signed for a League One club, so fair enough," Lowe said.

"We were going to take a look at him, but we weren't in a position to offer him a deal and a League One club has offered him a deal, so he has stayed with them, so fair play. We wish him all the best."

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here