Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Season ticket renewal prices...?

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
“Season ticket holders can now purchase an additional welcome pack.....”
What the absolute f*** is that about?
You’ll need to purchase a cup separately for your beer next. I’m amazed the condiments are still ‘free’.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
So if I'm sitting in a seat in W1B I pay £760 ... but if I'm sitting in the same seat opposite in E1G I'm paying £570, is that correct? Is it that s**t over there?

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
“Season ticket holders can now purchase an additional welcome pack.....”
What the absolute f*** is that about?
You’ll need to purchase a cup separately for your beer next. I’m amazed the condiments are still ‘free’.

What on earth does the welcome pack involve for £15.00? A couple of Car stickers?

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
What is the clubs revenue from season tickets? £8-9m? So a 4% increase is £350,000.

TV revenue last year was £107m.

Own goal from the club.

nordicgod

Top banana
Jul 21, 2011
polegate
So if I'm sitting in a seat in W1B I pay £760 ... but if I'm sitting in the same seat opposite in E1G I'm paying £570, is that correct? Is it that s**t over there?

£190 so you can get to the station before E1G

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
All very reasonable.

Keep milking people who work all year for an average annual wage in order to be able to pay some bloke more money per week to train a couple of times and sit on the bench.

Fantastically sensible model of how it should be. Us proles are truly blessed to have such financially astute individuals in charge of football.

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
What on earth does the welcome pack involve for £15.00? A couple of Car stickers?

I was looking forward to my letter from Tony Bloom as normal. - looks like I’ll have to pay 15 quid for it this year.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
TV revenue if we get relegated?

Irrelevant. So a price rise is justified because we may get relegated and miss out on TV revenue?

I dread to think how much Non-League fans are paying for their season tickets then...

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
Discuss what?

The club didn’t donate anything to Scudamore, the payment came from a Premier League slush (sorry, central) fund, and not directly from the clubs’ budget. Scudamore being kept on in a consultancy role.

So where do you think the central fund comes from and ultimately goes to?
No the club didn’t donate to him, but will ultimately get £250k less from the Premier League pot.
The Premier League covers that £250k from additional income or reducing payments out.
So you could argue that about 40% of our ST payment increase covers the fact that we will ultimately get £250k less than we would have done had they not paid the bonus to Peter S.
Simples...... I think.
El Presidente is probably better qualified to comment but that’s my take on it.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Seems the club have dropped the idea of automatically including membership in the cost of the season (with the ability to opt out). Perhaps they could have informed us of that fact!!

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
So where do you think the central fund comes from and ultimately goes to?
No the club didn’t donate to him, but will ultimately get £250k less from the Premier League pot.
The Premier League covers that £250k from additional income or reducing payments out.
So you could argue that about 40% of our ST payment increase covers the fact that we will ultimately get £250k less than we would have done had they not paid the bonus to Peter S.
Simples...... I think.
El Presidente is probably better qualified to comment but that’s my take on it.

So it’s £250k out of money we might have been given, not quite the same as working the maths out per fan as made out in the original post regarding Scudamore!

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Irrelevant. So a price rise is justified because we may get relegated and miss out on TV revenue?

I dread to think how much Non-League fans are paying for their season tickets then...

What, those non league teams recently in the PL with a spanking new stadium and expensive players. Clubs realise they need to be less dependent on one source of revenue (TV) and a generous owner.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo

A lot closer to the away fans and sun in your eyes in the afternoons.

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
So it’s £250k out of money we might have been given, not quite the same as working the maths out per fan as made out in the original post regarding Scudamore!

Yeah that’s right although I’m not sure where else it would have gone other than to the clubs. Charitable Donations maybe lol

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

Why do we only use inflation as the guide to what is acceptable - that would be the minimum increase I would have thought, in our circumstances. Our costs may all have gone up by considerably more - excluding players side of things (wages, fees etc) - staff at the Amex will have wage increases, energy bills, policing, train fares, etc etc will all have increased too and not necessarily by inflation. Yes the Club will need to negotiate better deals too, but the revenues will need to be maintained and increased probably just to stand still in terms of profits. Doesn't make it palatable, but for me, is understandable.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here