Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Japan wants to trade with us, in exchange for us dropping visa requirements for any Japanese that want to come here to work.

This is going to happen more and more. The vote and the way it has been handled has shown the world that the UK is prepared to scupper itself on a truly phenomenal scale because some of it's residents so despise immigration, so that is now the immediate inclusion in any trade deal knowing that any UK Government such as the current one which insists on pandering to the xenophobic attitudes of this minority will have to walk it back, putting it at an immediate negotiating disadvantage.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
This is going to happen more and more. The vote and the way it has been handled has shown the world that the UK is prepared to scupper itself on a truly phenomenal scale because some of it's residents so despise immigration, so that is now the immediate inclusion in any trade deal knowing that any UK Government such as the current one which insists on pandering to the xenophobic attitudes of this minority will have to walk it back, putting it at an immediate negotiating disadvantage.

We have also demonstrated that we are absolutely appalling at actually negotiating any kind of deal.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Yep and the US want access to the NHS and our food market.

That's the one that worries me most. The Tories have deliberately run down the NHS, and privatising it steathily. Insurance companies are chomping at the bit to get their hands on it.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
...everyone I speak to says their governments are chomping at the bit to do business deals with the UK. Don't be scared chaps, its a big wide world out there

Three responses, including two that you probably ought to rebut in some way:
Everyone I speak to thinks the UK is ****ing crazy, go figure huh?
And I guarantee you not one of them will offer a better deal than they offer the EU.
Champing at the bit to rinse us dry. Vultures circling .

But the best you can do is this:

Remainers have always been a funny old lot.

If you want to understand this remainer's position, it is that I get frustrated that so many pro-leave people on here - including you - just cannot be bothered to engage. They'd rather just ignore the glaring concerns. (I'm not including pasta or cunning fergus in that)

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
We have also demonstrated that we are absolutely appalling at actually negotiating any kind of deal.

It's almost like actions have consequences. Although you wouldn't know it from some of the actions the UK has undertaken in the last three years or so.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
That's the one that worries me most. The Tories have deliberately run down the NHS, and privatising it steathily. Insurance companies are chomping at the bit to get their hands on it.

The ones who voted for Brexit because they believed the line about the extra £350m for the NHS are going to be in for a particularly nasty shock.

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes

I hope not. No privatisation of NHS, it's a wonderful institution, something this country can be rightly proud of as it's served me and mine brilliantly over the years. 'Hands off the NHS' and our food for that matter.

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
Three responses, including two that you probably ought to rebut in some way:

But the best you can do is this:

If you want to understand this remainer's position, it is that I get frustrated that so many pro-leave people on here - including you - just cannot be bothered to engage. They'd rather just ignore the glaring concerns. (I'm not including pasta or cunning fergus in that)

Ahh, there he is. Many of us are prepared to engage, but you don't listen. Just like you did pre 2016

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
The ones who voted for Brexit because they believed the line about the extra £350m for the NHS are going to be in for a particularly nasty shock.

What percentage of leave vote do you actually think believed that blurb, even Nigel Farage thought it ridiculous.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Make your mind up. You are all over the place. How many option variations do you want?
And why do you own the world’s only crystal ball that doesn’t predict the future? :facepalm:

and your your direct response to that post

And yet again, you've edited every single one my posts before quoting them (and even managing to mix up a quote from someone else in there). Are you really that stupid or desperate :facepalm:

It would be rather like me editing your posts to say

When I'm not entertaining myself with my bookmarks, I like to have a bit of puff and get nuts deep in Battlefield 1 with my boys.

All things that I'm sure you are aware you have said, but a little different out of context (and pretty pathetic).

Really, what is the point :shrug:

Last edited:

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
What percentage of leave vote do you actually think believed that blurb, even Nigel Farage thought it ridiculous.

Pundits and MPs kept saying ‘why isn’t Leave arguing about the economy and living standards’. They did not realise that for millions of people, £350m/NHS was about the economy and living standards – that’s why it was so effective. It was clearly the most effective argument not only with the crucial swing fifth but with almost every demographic. Even with UKIP voters it was level-pegging with immigration. Would we have won without immigration? No. Would we have won without £350m/NHS? All our research and the close result strongly suggests No. Would we have won by spending our time talking about trade and the Single Market? No way.

Dominic Cummings, Campaign Director Vote Leave, 2017

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Japan wants to trade with us, in exchange for us dropping visa requirements for any Japanese that want to come here to work.

so its not all bad then.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
So what have we concluded nearly 75,000 entries later ?

Nothing. Entrenched positions and no-one actually knowing what the future holds. Pretty much as it was when we started.

After all these years I think I've concluded that social media is best for flogging off spare tickets and finding lost cats.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I hope not. No privatisation of NHS, it's a wonderful institution, something this country can be rightly proud of as it's served me and mine brilliantly over the years. 'Hands off the NHS' and our food for that matter.

You’re hoping it doesn’t happen.

Have you seen the conditions American businesses have put forward to their Government as conditions for a trade deal with us??

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...rine-washed-chicken-tariffs-a8292006.html?amp

Also
https://apple.news/AwnwLQI5QQVWVE6jdIwz1NA

Last edited:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

You've got no say in it. Just one vote amongst millions, unfortunately.

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
You’re hoping it doesn’t happen.

Have you seen the conditions American businesses have put forward to their Government as conditions for a trade deal with us??

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...rine-washed-chicken-tariffs-a8292006.html?amp

Agree, but we can always turn it down, we don't have to sign up to every deal that's put to us. Are you sure you're not scaremongering, we all know about that, "vote leave and the economy will tank" etc etc. Nobody did and it hasn't.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here