Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] ***Super Bowl LIII New England Patriots v Los Angeles Rams - Official Match Thread***

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
You went to the US Bank stadium ?! You SICKEN me

We went to a pre-game party and got chatting to some bloke. Nice fella.

"So, what part of the US are you from?"

"Wisconsin" he replied

"Ahh.. wow. My Grandparents used to live in Green Bay back in the 80's! They're back in the UK now, but they lived just down the road from the Packers' Stadium. They used to send me shirts and stuff.."

"Oh, I do like the Packers!" he said, and smiled.

"So, who do you want to win the Superbowl? I asked"

"The Packers, of course!"

My wife then interjects, pointing out that the Packers aren't in the final.

"I know. I did try though.." he laughed - then explained who he was :lolol:

So we thought it best to have a pic taken to prove to our American Football loving Brother in Law we'd met him...

AR.jpg

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

"Wisconsin" he replied

"Ahh.. wow. My Grandparents used to live in Green Bay back in the 80's! They're back in the UK now, but they lived just down the road from the Packers' Stadium. They used to send me shirts and stuff.."

So we thought it best to have a pic taken to prove to our American Football loving Brother in Law we'd met him...

View attachment 104357

I know you told me that already, but bloody amazing!!! Like [MENTION=70]Easy 10[/MENTION], what a stadium to visit too.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Well that will go down as one of the dullest Superbowl's in many a year, dull game, dull half-time show - but there have been some crackers in recent years so I guess they were due a dud.

Glad the Pats won, they're the best, they've been the best for a long time now, and it should take an outstanding performance to beat them. Rams certainly didn't get close to deserving it, however good their defence was on the night

My thoughts exactly. I respect the excellence of the Pat's this century and nice to see records broken.

Despite working today, I stayed up until HT and recorded the rest for later ... I will watch it!

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Brady is a machine and anyone who loves sport cannot fail to appreciate his consistency. It must be a nightmare for him living in a country where absolutely everyone recognises him.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

"Wisconsin" he replied

View attachment 104357

I'm ashamed to say I don't actually know who that is. But I am insanely jealous that you got to take a game in at the US Bank. I was in Minneapolis in September a couple of years ago, so there were no games on, but I went there to book a guided tour - no luck. 3 tours a day, fully booked till NOVEMBER. I just had a mince round the whole thing outside, and the club shop. Its a genuinely jawdropping venue.

I did get to see the Twins get humped twice by the Tigers though. What a ballpark. And what a great city. I've never encountered friendlier folk - "Minnesota Nice" is not a myth.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Decided against taking the day off today, not going to lie, starting to regret it now!

Always impressed with NFL fans in the UK who stay up for the SB final, it finished about 10.10 pm last night over here so that's past 3am in the UK :bowdown:

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Always impressed with NFL fans in the UK who stay up for the SB final, it finished about 10.10 pm last night over here so that's past 3am in the UK :bowdown:

Apart from last year, where I really wanted both teams to lose, I never miss it. It's tradition.

The post 3am finish for this is still nothing compared to the CFB Championship which tends finish well after 4. Think it was nearly 5am when the Ducks were beaten at the death by Cam Newton's Auburn.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I rolled in at 10am this morning. I've done absolutely fook-all today.

Very, very tired now.

Jul 7, 2003
All the way back to the Elway days?

Started following the Broncos in 86 so yep, watched a couple of SB humiliations, two wins, long wait, loss, another win and now back into the wilderness. Went to Mile High earlier in the season to see them play against the Chiefs.

Jul 7, 2003
The stadium looks great, having never been to a proper US arena I guess they put ours (Amex and possibly the new Spurs stadium excepted) to shame. Has anybody here been to a big NFL game?

Ignoring the Wembley games I've been to the NFL stadiums at Jacksonville a couple of times, Tampa, Denver and Indianapolis. Also been past the Superdome in New Orleans but didn't get inside.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Started following the Broncos in 86 so yep, watched a couple of SB humiliations, two wins, long wait, loss, another win and now back into the wilderness. Went to Mile High earlier in the season to see them play against the Chiefs.

I remember the long wait, when it seemed AFC team was ever going to win the SB. Pleasantly surprised when Elways and the Broncos did it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here