Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Nice to see British justice is still apolitical sometimes.Perhaps he can get to work sorting problems in his constituency now.

not guilty.png

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
The Windrush sank in 1954. Floella Benjamin was born in 1949. She, and a lot of other immigrants from the Caribbean, consider themselves as part of "the Windrush Generation" even though most of them never saw the eponymous ship. If you're going to make stuff up, at least make it hard to disprove.

Still doesn't alter the fact that she couldn't have sailed on the Windrush.She was born after it sailed.

Igzilla

Sep 27, 2012
Worthing
Still doesn't alter the fact that she couldn't have sailed on the Windrush.She was born after it sailed.

That's not what you said, so still doesn't alter the fact you make things up. Also, still doesn't alter the fact she's part of the Windrush Generation.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

Here are some facts:
You said it sank before she was born. You were wrong.
You insist I said Floella Benjamin was on the Windrush. You were wrong.
You said the definition of "America" was the same thing in English as "the Americas". You were wrong there too.

Tell us again how it's OK for serial rapists to run away to Europe as long as they stay there.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
The hijack...

The NHS and the UK food market is worth tens of billions to the US. It's certainly in their interest that we start trade negotiations with them in a severely weakened position. We will be lambs to the slaughter. Mark my words, this will happen.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Next cross party amendment, this one is more significant....

https://www.politicshome.com/news/u...y/news/100961/theresa-may-faces-fresh-commons

Would force the Prime Minister to come back to Parliament after three sitting days if she loses next Tuesday's meaningful vote.

Parliament needs to regain control of the chaos

Bercow clears the way for the amendment, nice to see a Speaker who stands up for the rights of our sovereign Parliament. The Tories are just so arrogant repeatedly trying to treat Parliament with contempt.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Bercow clears the way for the amendment, nice to see a Speaker who stands up for the rights of our sovereign Parliament. The Tories are just so arrogant repeatedly trying to treat Parliament with contempt.

They have already been in contempt of Parliament.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
There will be court cases about this one day.

I belong to a Facebook group page for Sjogrens Syndrome, and several contributors have to take Naproxen. There is already a shortage. It may or may not be due to stockpiling.
Fortunately it isn't a drug I have to take, but I feel for those that do.

90% of the insulin in this country comes from Denmark.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
The NHS and the UK food market is worth tens of billions to the US. It's certainly in their interest that we start trade negotiations with them in a severely weakened position. We will be lambs to the slaughter. Mark my words, this will happen.

I think you increasingly have to look at those involved on both sides of Brexit and say "what's in it for them?"

Is there anything in Brexit for JRM?

Is there us anything in Brexit for Dominic Grieve?

Is there us anything in Brexit for Aaron Banks?

Is there us anything in Brexit for Anna Soubry?

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
The ayes have it. The ayes have it.

GINO.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Amazing how riled up the Tories are getting after being found in contempt on more than one occasion, because they are now so afraid of losing votes.

They will blame anyone but themselves for this mess.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
May defeat as MPs back move giving her 3-day 'plan B' deadline if she loses Brexit vote

The government has lost. MPs have voted by 308 votes to 297 - a majority of 11- to force the PM to hold a ‘plan B’ vote on what happens next within three days if she loses the Brexit vote on Tuesday next week.

Good. 21 days at this stage was a ****ing pisstake.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Can genuinely see a scenario where two weeks from now Article 50 might have been revoked. It's not the most likely scenario but it is now a realistic one, which I didn't think even on Monday.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here