Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Drinking] 5 litre ale kegs

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
330ml same price as 500ml, about £1.80 for either size in the supermarkets. large brewery brands do 500ml cans cheaper though, so conclude 330ml is favoured by the craft breweries because the higher margins.

You can’t really compare craft beer to Fosters etc. Macro lagers have lower hop content, made with rice etc. Compare craft with craft and 350 or 500 per ml should be similar

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
I have yet another all day Christmas party today. I can't face drinking wine all day so I was thinking of buying one of those large ale kegs that have appeared recently. I drink ale, not lager, so I'm worried it might just be like a large can? If so I'd get bottles instead. Any advice appreciated.

Depends on how much you are planning to pay?, i've seen the Ale Kegs in Morrisons for £12 but i would rather buy in cans personally as the Kegs seem to work out more expensive and are a novelty

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Yes, Herr T, I concur, and I reckon there's another half dozen excellent breweries in nearby Bristol. I miss going to Ashton Gate, loads of great beers/pubs and we often get a result down there

Bristol is an absolute joy of a place to visit. I’ve stayed over there quite a few times for various reasons. Really good beer and food and music scene.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here