Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Percy Tau - SIGNED on a 4 year deal - The Lion Returns. RRROOOAAAARRRRR

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Having looked at the clips ..... I doubt it ....

If he was under 20 I would be excited.

He's too good for the team he's playing with in the clips.... But .... They look rubbish.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Seems an interesting, low risk gamble but can't see how he would qualify for a work permit.

South Africa are currently outside of the top 50 in the Fifa rankings and that would make things slightly harder. He's featured in 10 of South Africa's last 11 matches within just over a year, which should stand him in good stead to get one granted. Plus if we were going to go in for him then any deal would be 'subject to a work permit being granted'.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
In that Barca video his control of the ball and passing doesn't look that great, but has pace which I guess could be handy.

Think I'd rather keep Baldock(if only he could stay fit).

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
In that Barca video his control of the ball and passing doesn't look that great, but has pace which I guess could be handy.

Think I'd rather keep Baldock(if only he could stay fit).

Sam B never fit, so I don’t understand your point?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
My initial reaction after having seen that highlights video is that he' lightening fast but playing in a shit league. Baldock would look absolutely world class in that league so with that in mind I'd edge towards a no...BUT...the recruitment team over the last few seasons have got it pretty much spot on so if they think he's worth it who am I to disagree?

Maybe he's seen as a Baldock replacement that is of a similar level/ability but would be happy to be fourth choice whereas Baldock wants game time?

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Sam B wanting game time is laughable IMHO. He is just too injured and yet to prove himself at Prem level. Offload Sam B. Get in a similar style striker who might just make it. Why we offered Sam B 3 years last summer is beyond me.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Sam B wanting game time is laughable IMHO. He is just too injured and yet to prove himself at Prem level. Offload Sam B. Get in a similar style striker who might just make it. Why we offered Sam B 3 years last summer is beyond me.

Maybe, just maybe, Baldock wants game time so he can 'prove himself at prem level'?

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
He's much more of a winger than a striker but would fit the Knockaert, Izquierdo type of inverted winger we seem to like.

I reckon he'd be a back-up rather than go straight in but an interesting gamble.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

On a contract we can command a fee. I would imagine there is a host of championship teams that would pay for him whereas I don't think he is good enough for the PL.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Must have had loads of them, before the first World War, and more between the wars.

Both well before my time!

We've had one Percy before - Percy Varco who made one appearance in the 1932-33 season (it was against Coventry)

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here