Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stevan Jovetic

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I've never heard of any of these people.

:lolol:

In fairness we wouldn't expect most Manchester City fans to have heard of Elvis Manu, so I guess it's no surprise most on here wouldn't know this fella.

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
I accept I will get pelters... but...
Am in the only one indifferent to Ulloa?
Slow lump who did a lot of berating the ref, falling over and shrugging his shoulders at team mates.
He was good on St. Patrick's day but...
Is he any better than Hemed?

Definitely one regarded with the rose specs on, he was poor pretty regularly. Assuming he'd demand a fairly fat wage, don't think he's worth it.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Or £12.5m+ on the books if we go down.

Parachutes are there for a reason, so we are covered for 3 years.

As others have said, the wage could be reduced and offset by a larger signing on fee, but honestly I somehow doubt our current players on 45k are going to cause disharmony because a fairly high profile striker comes in and gets 65k anyway. These are the kinds of numbers we're going to have to get used to eventually.

Altogether don't think this is too unrealistic, but I'm not convinced either way, isn't he more of a forward?

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
How comes every time we get linked with a player who has played for various big clubs, suddenly he becomes world class?

Negredo played for Middlesborough last season and was absolute pony. Like Jovetic, Negredo also played for Manchester City and Sevilla.
In Jovetic's last 80 league games, he has scored 20 goals. I'm not sure if that's a goal scoring record to get too excited about. Just because these players have very attractive CV's doesn't always mean they're top class players. I won't be too bothered if this rumour turns out to be a load of wollocks.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
How comes every time we get linked with a player who has played for various big clubs, suddenly he becomes world class?

Negredo played for Middlesborough last season and was absolute pony. Negredo also played for Manchester City, Sevilla and Valencia. In Jovetic's last league 80 games, he has scored 20 goals. I'm not sure if that's a goal scoring record to get too excited about. Just because these players have very attractive CV's doesn't always mean they're top class players. I won't be too bothered if this rumour turns out to be a load of wollocks.

He wasn't pony though. He played in the most negative side in the division and accounted for a third of their goals. He also lead their assists with 4.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Is that why Leeds are trying to sign him?

Not really fussed - maybe the only side willing to pay his current wage demands at 32. We won't have anyone in our current strike force who gets 9 goals next year though.

I'm not saying he's a world beater - he just wasn't dreadful for Boro. He's not even a player I want us to sign as think we can do slightly better for wage+transfer fee he would command.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Not really fussed - maybe the only side willing to pay his current wage demands at 32. We won't have anyone in our current strike force who gets 9 goals next year though.

I'm not saying he's a world beater - he just wasn't dreadful for Boro. He's not even a player I want us to sign as think we can do slightly better for wage+transfer fee he would command.

I bet you Murray will get over 10.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
[MENTION=30847]Megazone[/MENTION] £20 to REMF? I'm a Murray fan - but think we'll chop and change a lot next year. Especially if we play 1 up front.

A bet I hope to lose!

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
You're right, but I was including our (minimum) 1 year in the PL.

ned-flanders-red-okely-dokely.jpg

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here