Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Litter.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
3f05bdb7aba2dcaa0fa028b826664d33.jpg

This is Flem Macaff’s ward!

I have to admit - the number of bins which are full to overflowing is huge around our area. It doesn't really encourage
people to use them if it's a struggle to get stuff in them. But equally there are too many slovenly bast*rds around these days.

This is me

Sep 15, 2013
The current Labour Council are to blame. The city is dirty, grubby, graffiti ridden & full of dog poo. Worthing & Eastbourne could be in a different country in terms of cleanliness. Thankfully - we have council elections next spring. LABOUR OUT

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
The current Labour Council are to blame. The city is dirty, grubby, graffiti ridden & full of dog poo. Worthing & Eastbourne could be in a different country in terms of cleanliness. Thankfully - we have council elections next spring. LABOUR OUT

The City has been shit hole under all colours I’m afraid, the Councils tail is wagged by the Refuse department! Always has! Sack the lot of them!

surlyseagull

Aug 23, 2008
The used BBQ's on the beach just left smouldering after they have stuffed their faces and pis*ed off home.
The fkin dog sh*te, and the owners who pretend to not see their huge monster of a dog scooping down and curling out a huge colon cannonball …..what my dog ….yes your fkin dog .
The tos*ers who literally toss their lit fag butts out the car windows with not a thought for the poor bast*rd behind who gets showered in sparks .
I could go on and on and on .

Is it really that hard to clean up after yourself .

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
A couple of years ago I was walking along Portland Road and some ****, in a car parked on the side of the road, wound down the window and dropped a McDonalds brown bag onto the street. I wasn't the only one to see this and unfortunately people who confronted the **** were met with a barrage of verbal abuse :nono:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It was worse in the 60s. Much worse. Dogshit everywhere. All manner of crap throw out of car windows. Picnic areas awash with left litter. Fly tipping. And wild flowers (primroses and bluebells) picked by the roots. Squirrels were rarely seen as boys would throw stones at them. Ditto 'seagulls'.

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
It was worse in the 60s. Much worse. Dogshit everywhere. All manner of crap throw out of car windows. Picnic areas awash with left litter. Fly tipping. And wild flowers (primroses and bluebells) picked by the roots. Squirrels were rarely seen as boys would throw stones at them. Ditto 'seagulls'.

My memories of that time were of sticking lolly sticks in dog poo to mimic a “99” and laughing at the chalky white dog droppings.There seemed to be plenty of both. I don’t recall the litter though, just uncomplaining dustmen manhandling heavy metal dustbins full of stinking rubbish, into the dust carts, without a bin liner in sight.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
My memories of that time were of sticking lolly sticks in dog poo to mimic a “99” and laughing at the chalky white dog droppings.There seemed to be plenty of both. I don’t recall the litter though, just uncomplaining dustmen manhandling heavy metal dustbins full of stinking rubbish, into the dust carts, without a bin liner in sight.

We had two bins. One for rubbish and the other for ash from the coal fire.

Up Easthill park Portslade, wags would cover dog poo with a pile of acorns, step back and then laugh when a smaller boy inspected his find.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005

Sadly, all those dustman died of hernias or infections developed through working in unsafe and unsanitary conditions.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
I throw my apple cores out of my car window if there’s a grass verge. A colleague gave me a hard time for it. I thought it was ok as it’s essentially vegetation. Am I doing a bad thing?

Your colleague needs to Google "Biodegradable" and wind his neck in.

I'm a 'child of the 70's' and do remember you couldn't walk through any park in my town without getting your trainers covered in dog shit. I also remember litter (mainly crisp packets) everywhere, and fly tipping (mainly sofas and mattresses). Times change, people don't. There will always be lazy, thick and feckless people in this world. I just think they should be held more accountable.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here