Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Jamie Oliver’s Restaurants Administration!

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I like Jamie Oliver.
He could have just made telly progs and accompanying books and sit back and watch the millions roll in. Instead he tried to build a legacy of change and helping the less advantaged in life.
He’s a force for good.
If you want to judge lack of success on how many failed business’s people have behind them, there’s better examples than JO.

Last edited:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I think successive Governments allowing the flooding of the market with cheap Chinese steel is more than likely the answer to that one.
Simple answer, any new building project, flats, shopping centres, retail parks only get planning permission If British steel is used.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sounds like a sure fire way to make it a closed shop and means British owned companies can price fix to screw developers.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Restaurant chains come and go, it is the nature of these companies. Lots of competition out there now for diners and it comes as no surprise.

I'm sad for the staff who have probably worked their nuts off over the last few months in order to keep their jobs.

Last edited:

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
Yep you just know the back to front will blame Brexit!

He did exactly that a while ago which will have alienated a fair few of his regular customers. I've not been back since. There are plenty of other better options.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
Sounds like a sure fire way to make it a closed shop and means British owned companies can price fix to screw developers.

Unfortunately it looks like EU law is preventing the Government stepping in now.If British steel can just hang on in there till October 31st it could be saveable.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Yes, that's a pretty fair assessment. Some of the ' businesses experts' on here might be better served by just saying I don't like Jamie Oliver.

This.

Good old fashioned schadenfreude, wishing ill on someone. Fuelled for some because he’s had the courage to mention the crap kids eat and the resulting obesity epidemic.

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
Pizza express is ludicrously expensive and seems to thrive.

does anyone pay full price at Pizza Express?

do the Tesco clubcard voucher thang which is a great discount but still end up paying similar to a Donatellos meal

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I think successive Governments allowing the flooding of the market with cheap Chinese steel is more than likely the answer to that one.
Simple answer, any new building project, flats, shopping centres, retail parks only get planning permission If British steel is used.

Apart from the fact that it would lead to artificial price rises as British Steel can rip off its customers, I'm not sure that we're a big enough steel manufacturer to satisfy all demand and thus price rises also happen due to the artificial shortage we've created.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here