Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Should milk shake attacks be classed as common assault?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I think it's correct that it's deemed a crime (because it is assault), but I think it's an interesting test of the politician on whether they press the charges. It strikes me as churlish for them to do so.

Especially when that particular politician has said if Brexit goes wrong he will don khaki and take up a rifle.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Public figures of humiliation have historically had stuff lobbed at them. Vegetables, dung, cups of piss, eggs and now shakes. Long may the tradition last.
It’s a terrific way of bringing the pompous down a peg or two.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Public figures of humiliation have historically had stuff lobbed at them. Vegetables, dung, cups of piss, eggs and now shakes. Long may the tradition last.
It’s a terrific way of bringing the pompous down a peg or two.

Out of interest, what's your favorite flavor of milkshake?

Also, are there any you particularly don't like?

Just curious.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Hopefully May will get what's coming to her

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
It can't be considered anything but assault, and wrong. I can't stand Robinson, Farage etc but we live in a democracy and within the Law, what next throwing milkshakes because of religion, race etc?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I am against milkshakes being thrown over politicians and those pictures ending up all over the press to titillate readers. The two exceptions I would make are Esther McVey and Heid Allen.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Out of interest, what's your favorite flavor of milkshake?

Also, are there any you particularly don't like?

Just curious.

It’s a strange question and you obviously have something you’re getting at but what the heck, you’re an odd person so I’ll indulge you.

My favourite trad flavour is Strawberry.

My favourite fancy pants one is maltesers.

I like most but banana would be one I could live without.

You?

Edit: I see. Very good.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
It’s a strange question and you obviously have something you’re getting at but what the heck, you’re an odd person so I’ll indulge you.

My favourite trad flavour is Strawberry.

My favourite fancy pants one is maltesers.

I like most but banana would be one I could live without.

You?

Chocolate.

Anything else is a waste of milk and shake IMO.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Chocolate.

Anything else is a waste of milk and shake IMO.

Chocolate is nice but not with food.
Before you write any other flavours off, try some of the fancy milk shake places. Some are just delicious.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
The 'it could have been acid' is a relevant question and comparison from the security/safety aspect - but I'm guessing not legally. If it had been acid, presumably it would have been a different charge because the damage is so much greater. Something like GBH?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
The 'it could have been acid' is a relevant question and comparison from the security/safety aspect - but I'm guessing not legally. If it had been acid, presumably it would have been a different charge because the damage is so much greater. Something like GBH?

Not really relevant.
A person who throws a milkshake to humiliate someone will likely be a very different person to someone who wants to kill or maim someone with acid.
It’s chalk and cheese.
I see why people conflate the two but no, two very different and unrelated actions with different motivations and different outcomes.
Because of the threat from milkshakes and something more sinister, any decent CP detail would have politely made a very wide gangway for Farage to do his walkabout. For a member of the public to get that close shows two things;
They didn’t know what they were doing.
Farage really doesn’t carry any clout.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Yes it's common assault.

Believe there was a conviction over an argument in Smiths where someone threw a Mars bar in anger.

Still if the Milkshake had been sold without the lid....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here