Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] EU Elections. Where is your X ?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
We tend to vote people in to trust them to deliver such things on our behalf. That's how our system works.

But it's wrong to trust them if they think actually Brexit isn't a good idea at all?

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Not up to me. When I buy a car, I make my choice and leave the nuts and bolts to the experts. I suspect you might be the sort to go and watch them construct it, telling them where they might be going wrong.

No, this is a very straightforward question, nothing like building a car. What do you prefer? . I mean, they can't decide in parliament and as a result looks like we're staying in. I think it needs some direction from the people

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
So, because you are angry that Brexit isn't what you were told it was going to be, you are voting for someone who won't turn up, participate or represent Britain's interests in a parliament that has no say over Brexit. Then, presumably, when the rest of the EU do something you don't agree with, you can blame them for your lack of representation.

View attachment 109894

Years ago, during a coffee break at American Express, we were having a post election discussion. One guy piped up that he had voted Tory. When asked why, he said, and im not joking, that he thought the Tories had the best chance of winning.
You could have heard a pin drop :lol:

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
What happens if we leave the EU and there are NO Unicorns or Sunny Uplands …...who do we blame then ?

I think the unicorns, along with Pingu and Scooby Doo voted in the Referendum. That's why so many are now insisting on a Peoples Vote.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Wasn't on the form. Mine said Stay or Leave. The rest, as they say, is out of my hands.

So if they decide the best form of Leave is not to Leave, we shouldn't trust them, but if they come up with anything else then that's fine?

And what is the time-frame of this. Would it be acceptably to Leave the EU (and thus fulfil the mandate) at 23.00 on 31/10/19, and rejoin at 23.01 on 31/10/19?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Years ago, during a coffee break at American Express, we were having a post election discussion. One guy piped up that he had voted Tory. When asked why, he said, and im not joking, that he thought the Tories had the best chance of winning.
You could have heard a pin drop :lol:

Was he drinking his coffee out of a Man Utd / Liverpool mug too?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Not up to me. When I buy a car, I make my choice and leave the nuts and bolts to the experts. I suspect you might be the sort to go and watch them construct it, telling them where they might be going wrong.

When you buy a car that car is already built, you’ve seen the model, you’ve chosen the features, test driven it , weighed up the options against other makes and models, the finance arrangements are in place.

You don’t stand outside a car factory and shout that you want a car whatever the make, whatever the cost, just give me a car.

In short, you’re talking rubbish.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
At first hearing Farage does come over well, but when you listen to the words and the message it is all pretty empty bit like the guy himself . He has one main policy to get out of Europe and no plan after that although he is now touting a second even more dangerous idea regards privatising the NHS.

Lib Dem or Green for me. The former has a better platform the latter has the better ideals.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
So, because you are angry that Brexit isn't what you were told it was going to be ...................

Let me stop you right there. Your perceived view of what everyone else is thinking is so perverse you try and twist everything into what you imagine is a sparkling piece of point scoring, but is in fact bollocks.
"You are angry that Brexit isn't what you were told it was going to be" - geez, how dense can you be? People are angry, not because Brexit hasn't turned out how we were told it would be, but because it hasn't happened. Is that simple enough for you to understand? Or are you just in denial? It is such a simple basic statement that it probably pi$$es you off that you can't twist it.
Anyway, long ago I decided to leave you and your chums to get on with it in the cess-pit of the Brexit thread. The way you try and twist things is funny at first, the it gets boring, so time to leave you and your desperate remainer chums to wallow in this thread too. Bless. Probably time for me to press the 'ignore a bore' button for a while too.................

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Wasn't on the form. Mine said Stay or Leave. The rest, as they say, is out of my hands.

I'm sorry to break it to you, but as of next week it's right back in your hands :facepalm:

Just in case you haven't understood

Brexit Party want 'No deal' and a border in Northern Ireland
Conservative Party want a deal and stay in the Customs Union

I deduce from the following that your fellow Brexiteer is voting Conservative

That's for me to know, but to narrow the issues, you won't be surprised to learn that it won't be for creepy old Vince's Lib Dems with their cunning plan to stop Brexit, and nor will it be for the Greens, and never for that weird sociopath Corbyn's lot.
Not me, as I have already stated in the Brexit thread, I don't want a 'no Deal' Brexit, but I do want Brexit. I expected the Government could achieve that and not that remainers would still be squealing like pigs nearly 3 years on.

maybe you could PM her to explain :)

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Let me stop you right there. Your perceived view of what everyone else is thinking is so perverse you try and twist everything into what you imagine is a sparkling piece of point scoring, but is in fact bollocks.
"You are angry that Brexit isn't what you were told it was going to be" - geez, how dense can you be? People are angry, not because Brexit hasn't turned out how we were told it would be, but because it hasn't happened. Is that simple enough for you to understand? Or are you just in denial? It is such a simple basic statement that it probably pi$$es you off that you can't twist it.
Anyway, long ago I decided to leave you and your chums to get on with it in the cess-pit of the Brexit thread. The way you try and twist things is funny at first, the it gets boring, so time to leave you and your desperate remainer chums to wallow in this thread too. Bless. Probably time for me to press the 'ignore a bore' button for a while too.................

It hasn't happened because the Brexiteers can't decide whether they want a 'No deal' and Irish Border or a 'Deal' and Customs Union. This is proven each time the vote is put to Parliament, and each time it happens you get angrier :shrug:

Ignore button is probably for the best, you obviously don't understand the debate so I don't think there is much you can add, and it may make you less angry :thumbsup:

Last edited:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
[TWEET]1130195252537520128[/TWEET]

[TWEET]1130201668715307008[/TWEET]

[TWEET]1130206621718605825[/TWEET]

[TWEET]1130208628034588677[/TWEET]
[/QUOTE]

I may be making a rash assumption here, but I'm assuming that Carole Cadwalladr is desperate to remain in the EU, no matter what.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here