Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Thank you Palace

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
But it was the stage of the season, there was only a couple of games left and we had to rely on Palace doing us a favour.Again can’t you see that? If they had lost there is a very good chance we would be down now.

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
Seriously? Thanking Palace as though that one single game (theirs against Cardiff) over the 38 we played this season was responsible for us staying up! Get a f***ing grip!

It wasn’t just that single game though, if you add the 6 points we gifted to you, surely a polite, appreciated nod in our direction wouldn’t be amiss?

Be honest, we ended up keeping you up. It’s funny.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
The Palace win at Cardiff matters as much as Cardiff loosing at Fulham or even away to City. The points Brighton got at Palace was 3 points, like any win in the 38 game season. “Thank god Palace won because Cardiff won at United” doesn’t matter. They are relegated because they only had 31 points with 1 to play. Brighton had enough to survive regardless.

In terms of pure arithmetic you're obviously correct. It's an accumulation over the course of a season, and one individual game is worth no more than any other. But that's not how emotional football fans look at things. You'll always see people look at event in isolation and say things like: "If only the ref had disallowed Cardiff's winner we'd have two more points", forgetting that these things always even themselves out (if the ref at Newcastle had correctly awarded a goal kick we'd have two LESS points). It is what it is.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
I feel sick thinking about what would have happened to us if Palace had lost last week.

Really? We would’ve probably gone down and we’d be playing in the championship next season. We would have had one of the strongest teams in that division and we would’ve either challenged for playoffs or automatic with a very astute championship manager at the helm. Not all that sickening in my opinion.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
It wasn’t just that single game though, if you add the 6 points we gifted to you, surely a polite, appreciated nod in our direction wouldn’t be amiss?

And now you can look forward to finding out when your two most anticipated games of next season will be played :wink:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
We had no pressure, city had pressure , united had no pressure... sorry but we owe it to Palace.
And every other team that's taken points of Cardiff and Fulham and Huddersfield this season :rolleyes:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Ok , so if Palace went through the motions last week where would we be now?
Even if Palace had gone through the motions last week, Cardiff still might have failed to win. And if Cadiff had won, the Man U game would have been bigger, and the result different. And if if if all that had gone Cardiff's way, we'd now be celebrating a famous result against City. Oh, and that's forgetting the fact we might have beaten Arsenal.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

If Cardiff has beaten the franchise 2010 would they have still won at OT? You just don’t know for sure - pressure etc.
I’m happy with our season and the bragging rights we’ve thoroughly deserved.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
If Cardiff has beaten the franchise 2010 would they have still won at OT? You just don’t know for sure - pressure etc.
I’m happy with our season and the bragging rights we’ve thoroughly deserved.

Would you like to have gone to today’s game worrying about that?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Would you like to have gone to today’s game worrying about that?

Nope - I’m delighted Cardiff went on a shit run and we scraped a couple of vital points :thumbsup:

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Nope - I’m delighted Cardiff went on a shit run and we scraped a couple of vital points :thumbsup:

You’re evading the question there and putting a totally different spin on it.

From my perspective I’d go for thanking Palace over applauding Kompany after they had taken us apart

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
You’re evading the question there and putting a totally different spin on it.

From my perspective I’d go for thanking Palace over applauding Kompany after they had taken us apart

Of course I’m glad palace beat Cardiff. But no harm in showing respect in football to a premier league great imo. I thanked my palace mates, but this thread is clearly a (very funny) joke about the 6 points...

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
My team of the season. Without them we would have been relegated and lost a shed load of money and players. For forty years and more I have enjoyed the rivalry and loathed them, but without them and their performances this season we would have been sunk.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here