Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How much will Mr Bloom spend in the summer transfer window?

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
The good reason you're looking for is that some spendthrift club like West Ham will pay more (with their taxpayer subsidised stadium).

My son was going on about rumours of us signing Mata the other day. Much as I'd LOVE to see him playing for us, money means it's almost impossible.

To cover his salary, he would need a 6.5 million signing on fee, and then 45k pw

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
Ambition will be important in this window.

We need to sign somebody that will have heads turning and show we mean to stay here. Finished article with experience in a decent league.

Unlike some people who think we need a squad uprooting, I think we just need 2-3 players of real quality.

Unfortunately one of them is in the CF role which we seem to talk about every summer and will be a substantial investment, unless we go the free transfer route.

This.

Just 3 players of real quality. Striker and a couple of midfielder's.

Defence is set, midfield def needs quality as does the forward line.

Ali J and Locardia will be staying imo and will have a part to play.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
I expect it'll be around the same as the previous windows, maybe a bit more to sign a goalscorer. This isn't Bloom's own money, it comes from the broadcasters.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
The good reason you're looking for is that some spendthrift club like West Ham will pay more (with their taxpayer subsidised stadium).

My son was going on about rumours of us signing Mata the other day. Much as I'd LOVE to see him playing for us, money means it's almost impossible.

Point taken on West Ham. Presumably we could spread a signing on fee on someone we could get on a transfer.

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
The biggest problem is offloading some of the existing squad for money, let alone get them off the payroll. Most of the big value signings have disappointed - the question is whether TB will let them go on the cheap to get them off the books. They have a new recruitment regime that will want to splash the cash. We can’t get some of the decisions so wrong again, can we?
TB won’t gamble money - he usually goes for certainties. No certainties in football though.

I think we will sell Propper, not sure I want him to move on but he doesn't seem to quite fit the system and if Ajax coming in offering circa £20 m that would be a very tidy profit and would offset any losses we could make if we moved on either Locadia/Ali J. Im pretty sure clubs in the Netherlands would take either readily and we wouldn't have to make a huge loss.

deslynhamsmoustache1

Apr 25, 2010
RAF Tangmere
It feels like more like a situation that we cannot afford not to spend, so i'm guessing Tony's going large but only on 3-4 signings. x 2 strikers = 70 mill, x 1 AM = 25 mill, RB x1 =15 mill.
over 100 million or there about.:eek:

Cozzy

Jul 26, 2018
Grimsby
I can see maybe one or more of the non regulars moving on if given the chance , Balogun wont like not playing & losing his international spot , maybe Kayal will be frustrated enough to move if a good offer comes in , Locadia will probably go also if a decent offer comes in & still a question mark over Bruno's future.

In response I would expect the spending to be at around the levels of last couple of seasons with £50-60 million being the general ball park figure. Allows TB to get a little of his investment back as well as cover wages & fees without needing any input other than what we earn from the prem payout this season.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
TB won’t gamble money - he usually goes for certainties. No certainties in football though.

I don’t want to be that guy, but...

TB literally made his money from gambling, so in fact that is exactly what he does.
He gambles solely on football matches, so he does indeed deal in uncertainty!

Sorry/not sorry
:angel:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here