Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Two job opportunities in Fishersgate

This thread has approval from [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION]

My company has two vacancies. In the past we have twice used a sticky thread here on NSC when we have needed to recuit. I have to say the quality of the applicants on here is way better than the various job sites and if I can help out a fellow Albion fan who is looking for work then all the better......

Both jobs are based in our modern air conditioned office/warehouse in Mill Road, Fishersgate, a few yards to the West of the Brighton and Hove boundary.

It’s a 5 minute walk from Fishergate railway station and 2 minutes from the nearest 700 stop on the coast road.

My company is called A4 Labels.com LTD and we have been trading for 7 years and enjoyed steady growth. We are still a small company though. These positons will be our 6th and 7th members of staff.

We are a signatory to the real living wage. Both positions benefit from 20 days paid holiday (pro rata) plus all public holidays. You won’t need to work weekends so should not interfere with watching the football.

The first position is for a machine operator. The machine converts rolls of labels into the various A4 sheets of labels that we sell.

The starting pay is £8.75 rising to £9.25 an hour (just over £18k a year) after completion of a 3 month probationary period.
No experience is necessary as full training will be given, although the right person will be happy to follow strict proceedures and work under pressure, often without supervision.

You will need to work a 37.5 hour week and initally the hours shall be 0800 to 1600 (with 30 minutes break time) Monday to Friday. We do anticipate hiring a seocnd machine operative before the end of the year and at that time we will running an early (0600 to 1400) and late (1400 to 2200) shift, which will likely alternate weekly.

There is also a real posibility that overtime could be available.

The second positon is for a part time packing assistant. Hours will be about 0900 to 1430 Monday to Thursday. There is also a 30 minute break. There is some flexibilty on the starting and finishing times so this should work for someone who has to do the school run.

This person will be our 2nd packing assistant. When the other packing assistant is on holiday, the Friday will also need to be worked with a day off in lieu.

Duties will be picking and packing labels for orders placed on our website and also assisting with packing labels as they come off our machine.

This position pays £8.75 per hour.

For both jobs there will be pay review in April so it won’t be too long to wait for your first pay rise.

If there are any general questions, then please ask away on this thread.

If you would like to apply for either position please email me: colin@a4labels.com and include either a CV or a decent bit of info about yourself including name, address, phone number, education/qualifications and previous employment history.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Kudos to you for using this method to recruit staff. I hope you get 2 quality additions to your team and your business continues to grow.

Wow, you really hit the big time after 3 months :thumbsup:

With respect. The hike after 3 months, along with the general pay rise we offer in April will likely mean that within 6 months the starter will be earning over 10% more than their starting wage.

This is a low/non skilled job with minimal or zero commuting costs/time. We are already a signatory to the real living wage so the starting wage is above what many companies offer even established employees in some parts of the city.

Thanks for giving me an opportunity to bounce the thread tho.....

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
I was looking at changing jobs in the new year, and this would have been right up my street.

Just a few months too early :cry:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Give it 6 to 12 months and I would have been interested in the part time one.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
With respect. The hike after 3 months, along with the general pay rise we offer in April will likely mean that within 6 months the starter will be earning over 10% more than their starting wage.

This is a low/non skilled job with minimal or zero commuting costs/time. We are already a signatory to the real living wage so the starting wage is above what many companies offer even established employees in some parts of the city.

I generally find people who have never run a business are the first to offer advice to those that have.

Good luck with the recruitment and it sounds a great opportunity for someone with a bit of get up and go :thumbsup:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Well done [MENTION=15277]kingcole[/MENTION]. Brilliant that you’re trying to help fellow BHAFC fans.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham

I just don’t agree with the minimal wage thing you don’t have to adhere to it. I pay my trainee £15 p/hr and he will often go above and beyond for me, How can a grown man or woman go home with £300 for the week and expect any kind of life? I’m not having a dig at you personally just the pathetic living wage which infact is not a living wage at all as most likely the people need govement top ups to survive.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
I just don’t agree with the minimal wage thing you don’t have to adhere to it. I pay my trainee £15 p/hr and he will often go above and beyond for me, How can a grown man or woman go home with £300 for the week and expect any kind of life? I’m not having a dig at you personally just the pathetic living wage which infact is not a living wage at all as most likely the people need govement top ups to survive.

If he paid all his workers £15 per hour he would probably go bust as he would have to raise his prices to cover the extra costs so he would no longer be competitive. This would result in all his employees losing their jobs. Some industries haven't got the margins to accomodate high wages, others have. You are fortunate enough to be in the latter.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Hi Kingcole.
Won't be applying this time, but I'll be looking for a new job come late 2019, so if you happen to have anything part time around that time then I will mostly certainly be applying. Sounds great.
Bonus being that at least one small company is flourishing in this economy.

Diablo

NSC Patreon
Sep 22, 2014
lewes

you pay your trainee £30k....WTF.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Hi Kingcole.
Won't be applying this time, but I'll be looking for a new job come late 2019, so if you happen to have anything part time around that time then I will mostly certainly be applying. Sounds great.
Bonus being that at least one small company is flourishing in this economy.

I had similar setbacks with AIM.

Geestar

Nov 6, 2012
Shoreham Beach
You got any jobs going?

Sent from my TA-1020 using Tapatalk

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
If your a qualified sparks and want to work in London then yes.

how can you compare pay rates for sparkies and packers? two. ompletely different job types, two completely different pay rates.

Doctors in training probably get paid more per hour that trainee gardeners, no need to put down what the OP's offering

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here