Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] We played well.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
Unlucky lads. Some unbelievable bad luck (penalty not given, Dunks slip, poor refereeing) but otherwise a decent performance that the scoreline doesn't reflect.

I can definitely take some positives out of today. :drink:

TBH I think we've played well in our last three and we've been unlucky not to have taken more points from them. But what's done is done. We've got a nice run coming up now, lets put this blip behind us and crack on.

Up the Albion.

Completely in denial! We carry on with Hughton we are down! Unlucky my arse!

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
So you're judging CH on just the last few months, not the full season so far? (We've not once been below the relegation line this season)

and who would be a good replacement?

and what makes you so sure a replacement will keep us up?

Hughton has showed most of the season his limitations! We have been generally poor all year and if yiu can’t see this you are delusional.

But yiu carry on following in blind faith!

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Hughton has showed most of the season his limitations! We have been generally poor all year and if yiu can’t see this you are delusional.

But yiu carry on following in blind faith!

How has he showed his limitations through most of the season?

Before this blip, we were mid table and looking very comfortable. I take it you were able to see his limitations whilst we were going through that rich vein of form? If so, please explain. I'd like to know how to spot these things whilst everything's looking so good.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Blah blah blah excuses excuses
Facts are certain players not good enough . Clueless Chris has hit his ceiling next week it will b another excuse and so on eventually u have to except what most others can see

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The fact is that you never post a good word about the club or team, so forgive me if I ignore your blah blah blah.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I don’t think we played well but, equally, we has no luck at all and an atrocious referee. If McNeil doesn’t get a ban (he won’t) for simulation for feigning a head injury after handling in the box, preventing us from continuing the attack when they were all over the place, that just adds insult to (non-existent) injury. Plain cheating. And as for the other handball, unfathomable.

We look short on confidence currently I think and are fairly one-dimensional. If one of those first half chances had gone in, probably a different story against a team in a false league position. Likewise, Andone’s stupidity at West Brom was costly as his pace may well have caused their gargantuan centre backs a few more problems.

Hughton clearly needs to have a look again at the tactics though. I think the 4-3-3 was an attempt to be more on the front foot so he shouldn’t be criticised for negativity. But we’re shipping goals alarmingly and yesterday too often seemed to have a one man midfield of Stephens, with 5 players standing in a line up front. So, hoof from the back, they win the second ball, Stephens is overwhelmed and we get nowhere. That lack of winning the second ball is a real problem. We don’t seem to be very good at it around the edge of the box. So do we need to go back to the unadventurous 4-4-1-1 and grind out a win? Hughton will be damned if he does and damned if he doesn’t, no doubt.

There are a a few facts. First, we’re clear of the relegation zone and in a better position than a couple of others to avoid what should be one relegation spot. Second, we have a good team spirit and players that will not give up without a fight. Third, Hughton’s measured approach can be frustrating in this situation but he’s a damn fine manager and his record speaks for itself, so he needs respect and support. And, finally, for all the concern, we’ve been in much worse positions and survived. 3 or 4 wins required and there are 3 or 4 games that leap out as very winnable plus we have the capability for the odd surprise result.

What the team need is a noisy crowd roaring them on, not knocking them, so let’s knuckle down and help them over the line.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
How has he showed his limitations through most of the season?

Before this blip, we were mid table and looking very comfortable. I take it you were able to see his limitations whilst we were going through that rich vein of form? If so, please explain. I'd like to know how to spot these things whilst everything's looking so good.

Is that the rich vein of form that saw us somehow win 3 games 1-0 and when we conceded 70 odd shots? But for heroic goalkeeping, defending and piss poor finishing we could so easily be 9 points worse off.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Is that the rich vein of form that saw us somehow win 3 games 1-0 and when we conceded 70 odd shots? But for heroic goalkeeping, defending and piss poor finishing we could so easily be 9 points worse off.
You mean like the heroic goalkeeping and defending, and piss poor finishing that we were on the wrong end of yesterday and against Watford, that cost us a possible 5 points?

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
You mean like the heroic goalkeeping and defending, and piss poor finishing that we were on the wrong end of yesterday and against Watford, that cost us a possible 5 points?

So do you think there has been a period in the season when we have been in a rich vein of form?

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
We were pretty good today I thought. We could have had 3 in the first 10 minutes.

And how on earth was that penalty for handball not given? And of course they go straight up the other end and get one of their own. Disgusting luck.
And there is the problem, we always could of should of but never do.

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
Just pointing out the rich vein of form recently enjoyed by our opponents. And, since you ask, three wins on the trot in this league is pretty good form.

Yep some people just can’t see the obvious . Hughton didn’t have Tati al change in him . Same old people defending the indefensible on here , stay at home supporters that don’t travel away either .
So for the record how many points do you think we need to stay up and what games do you see us getting them ?
Me I hope Cardiff and Huddersfield then one other at home 36 points and pray that’s enough for me we r not getting another point away from home

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
We didn't play particularly well but there is no doubt we were unlucky again, the stats don't lie. We've got to start turning pressure into goals and make the Amex a fortress again.

Screen Shot 2019-02-10 at 09.42.10.png

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here