Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] ***Player Ratings vs Watford***

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Based off of watching on a stream. 6 - average

Ryan 6: Nothing to do. The little he did he did perfectly well.

Montoya: 7 His best game for us, I think.
Duffy 6: Solid
Dunk 7: Solid and heroic with his bout of tremendous playground on the floor defending.
Bong 7: Did everything he had to. Offered as much going forward as he could. Bonus half point for that Cryuff turn.

March 8.5 MOM: Excellent performance, the one player who looked like he was going to create something every time he had the ball.
Propper 8: Best central midfielder on the pitch. By far.
Gross 6.5: Solid. Some great deliveries and good link up work down the right. Some poor stuff too, but more good than bad.
Bissouma 6: Not his best performance but did his job without too much fuss. Needs to learn how to win the ball without either pulling down the opposition or chopping them from behind.

March 8.5 MOM: Excellent performance, the one player who looked like he was going to create something every time he had the ball.
Murray 5: Not his best day.
Locadia 6: Got better as the game went on.

Feels like a missed opportunity for three points. Watford were fairly obliging opponents they barely went past going through the motions. With the exception of Foster who made four big saves. We really should have created more though.

B52

Jan 23, 2013
Super Seaford From the South
Ryan - 6: Didn't have anything to do.

Montoya - 6.5: Was good going forward and back - liked that he was trying to overlap March as often as he could, but didn't always work out. Very solid, if unspectacular.
Duffy - 7: Solid at the back, and a real threat at set pieces.
Dunk - 8: Same as Duffy, but worth an extra point for THAT bit of defending. I mean, to shield the ball like that and escape without the ball hitting his hand was class.
Bong - 7.5: Very good down the left, kept their midfielders quiet and offered an outlet on the left with Locadia. Good game, and a huge improvement on Fulham.

Propper - 8.5: OOZED class and bossed the midfield. He really is a class player. Perhaps should have done better with an effort in the 1st half, but I won't hold that against him.
Bissouma - 7: Some nice touches, probed forward when possible...but the jury is still out on him tracking back - some needless fouls given away. Still raw, but we look a more dynamic side when he plays.
Gross - 6: It just isn't working out for him at the moment. Not a bad game by any stretch, but he just isn't influencing the game like he did last season. Still, a couple of quality balls into the box which on another day could have resulted in a goal.
March - 8.5: Our best attacking outlet - had the beating of Holebas time and time again, and just either his final ball, or the attackers lack of movement away from having an end result. The corner cock up with him and Gross was ridiculous though...just get the bloody ball in the box, damnit.
Murray - 6: Not a vintage performance, and didn't really have too many clear-cut chances.
Locadia - 7: One of his better games, but is still an enigma. His heading (usually his worst skill) was superb and could have had two, but his footwork flattered to deceive.

Andone - 6.5: Scared Watford when he came on, offered a different dimension to Murray. Could be argued that he should have done better when through on goal, but in my view it was Foster being so quick off his line that was the difference. No need for the play acting though, you can f**k off with that kind of behaviour.

Overall...Not a terrible display at all. Frustrating we couldn't score given our dominance but we've had those days before and we'll have them again. Thought Stephens missing was going to be a blow but Propper was immense in the middle. Hoped for a glimmer of Ali J but not to be.

Agree with this, except would swap Montoya and Bong's scores, all about opinions I guess.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Based off of watching on a stream. 6 - average

Ryan 6: Nothing to do. The little he did he did perfectly well.

Montoya: 7 His best game for us, I think.
Duffy 6: Solid
Dunk 7: Solid and heroic with his bout of tremendous playground on the floor defending.
Bong 7: Did everything he had to. Offered as much going forward as he could. Bonus half point for that Cryuff turn.

Propper 8: Best central midfielder on the pitch. By far.
Gross 6.5: Solid. Some great deliveries and good link up work down the right. Some poor stuff too, but more good than bad.
Bissouma 6: Not his best performance but did his job without too much fuss. Needs to learn how to win the ball without either pulling down the opposition or chopping them from behind.

Murray 5: Not his best day.
Locadia 6: Got better as the game went on.

Feels like a missed opportunity for three points. Watford were fairly obliging opponents they barely went past going through the motions. With the exception of Foster who made four big saves. We really should have created more though.

So good you named him twice.

Scandinavianseagulls25

Nov 27, 2003
I want to know what [MENTION=1495]Scandinavianseagulls25[/MENTION] thought of his first game...

Been 4 days and X amount of beer since the game so my memory is basically wiped out :p

But I will give it a try, the first things that came to my mind.

* Few pubs open before 11:00 :)
* Pre Game: Easy to get to the arena. Beautiful surroundings.
* Fan Shop: Plenty of selections. Last time I bought something from the shop (online) was a "division 3 champion" T-shirt. Now I bought a nice and warm winter hat - which was needed during the game.
* Inside the area (Kiosks) - not that great. Small, cold :) - OK prices. Pretty much same as in Sweden.
* Inside the arena (stands) - super nice arena, close to pitch. Doesn't give the impression that it´s a 30k+ seater. More like 15k :). It was a bit quiet during the game though.

The game:
* Not very entertaining....quite poor performance from both teams.
* March and Locadia were the ones standing out. (7.5)
* Was hoping Bissouma would perform better. I think he will become a great player in a couple of years. Huge potential.
* Rest was like 6. Murray maybe 5.

I asked my GF what she thought about the game: "- It was a very beautiful sky" :)

I´ll be back in Brighton tomorrow!

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
Been 4 days and X amount of beer since the game so my memory is basically wiped out :p

But I will give it a try, the first things that came to my mind.

* Few pubs open before 11:00 :)
* Pre Game: Easy to get to the arena. Beautiful surroundings.
* Fan Shop: Plenty of selections. Last time I bought something from the shop (online) was a "division 3 champion" T-shirt. Now I bought a nice and warm winter hat - which was needed during the game.
* Inside the area (Kiosks) - not that great. Small, cold :) - OK prices. Pretty much same as in Sweden.
* Inside the arena (stands) - super nice arena, close to pitch. Doesn't give the impression that it´s a 30k+ seater. More like 15k :). It was a bit quiet during the game though.

The game:
* Not very entertaining....quite poor performance from both teams.
* March and Locadia were the ones standing out. (7.5)
* Was hoping Bissouma would perform better. I think he will become a great player in a couple of years. Huge potential.
* Rest was like 6. Murray maybe 5.

I asked my GF what she thought about the game: "- It was a very beautiful sky" :)

I´ll be back in Brighton tomorrow!

I recognise that summary! On the plus side, it can only get better :albion2:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here