Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official Running Thread

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
A nice end to a hectic and successful July. 18k today to complete just over 105 miles at an average pace of 7:12 per mile my quickest month of the year.

3 Park Runs with a new 5k PB of 18:37 and then two 10k races in the Phoenix and Brighton Trailblazer.

A nice break now until the Littlehampton 10k 9/9 and Barns Green HM 30/9.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
I sailed with the wind for 5X500m intervals and didn't record the recovery jogs. End result a 9:36 minute 2.5K

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
What's everyone's Park Run plans this weekend? With no Prom or Preston Park I'm guessing Hove Park could be very busy. I'm tempted with Bevendean this week or perhaps a cycle to Worthing as the wind is forecasted for 5 MPH, so could be a quick one.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
What's everyone's Park Run plans this weekend? With no Prom or Preston Park I'm guessing Hove Park could be very busy. I'm tempted with Bevendean this week or perhaps a cycle to Worthing as the wind is forecasted for 5 MPH, so could be a quick one.

Hove Prom easy was my objective. I'll do it alone and enjoy the carnival. Can't travel. Big little sprint Tri on Sunday.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
A nice end to a hectic and successful July. 18k today to complete just over 105 miles at an average pace of 7:12 per mile my quickest month of the year.

3 Park Runs with a new 5k PB of 18:37 and then two 10k races in the Phoenix and Brighton Trailblazer.

A nice break now until the Littlehampton 10k 9/9 and Barns Green HM 30/9.
Nice work. I seem to be going for quantity over quality [emoji15] No chance of parkrun this weekend for me, but enjoy and good luck, wherever you end up.
7425868ac6cfd40a26ca7ed12f9749ef.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
No parkrunning for a few weeks for me. Away this week then flying to / from India for work the following 2 Saturdays. I’ll be back to Hove Park when that’s all done to try a repeat of the great Basketball Court Sprint

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Left Back

Jan 22, 2011
I want to do Bevingdean again this year, in the dry this time (not 3 inches of mud like January). Also want to tick off Peacehaven ...(I think I'm becoming a Parkrun tart)
But unfortunately not this weekend as I'm away for a wedding up t'North - I'll try and fit a nearby one in depending on timings.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
I want to do Bevingdean again this year, in the dry this time (not 3 inches of mud like January). Also want to tick off Peacehaven ...(I think I'm becoming a Parkrun tart)
But unfortunately not this weekend as I'm away for a wedding up t'North - I'll try and fit a nearby one in depending on timings.

You might find the link of interest if you are in a position to choose a course over the weekend. It's been posted before but it's quite possible that you and others have missed it.
I think it's really useful and it feels pretty accurate fr the ones I've done. Happy viewing!

PS makes you realise just how flat Worthing is...……...

https://jegmar.com/stats-hq/fastest-races/parkrun/

Last edited:

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Just been out for a short jog. It’s bloody BOILING again ☹️☹️☹️

Bit far for you, I know, but the trick is to run to the SEA and then swim! Beautiful over there this morning.

Left Back

Jan 22, 2011
You might find the link of interest if you are in a position to choose a course over the weekend. It's been posted before but it's quite possible that you and others have missed it.
I think it's really useful and it feels pretty accurate fr the ones I've done. Happy viewing!

PS makes you realise just how flat Worthing is...……...

https://jegmar.com/stats-hq/fastest-races/parkrun/

Thanks, but I had seen that somewhere before - probably on here. I'm surprised how many are flatter tha Worthing.

I confess, following on from discovering the Parkrun Alphabet thing i did a bit of googling at the weeknd and found not only was the alphabet a big thing but there are an infinite number of other challanges that people have come up with:

There are many geographic challanges such as all the sussex PRs or inside the M25, but there are also more wacky ones:

There the compass challange: (You have to do a Parkrun starting North*, South*, East* & West*)
The BeeGees challange: 3 Bs & 3 Gs
The Pirate Challange: 7Cs and a R

The Stopwatch Challange: You need to complete 60 parkruns with your official times ending in 00 - 59 (the seconds) - bit random that one not sure how you can easily go for a missing time.

... but you probably know all these.:wink:

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Thanks, but I had seen that somewhere before - probably on here. I'm surprised how many are flatter tha Worthing.

I confess, following on from discovering the Parkrun Alphabet thing i did a bit of googling at the weeknd and found not only was the alphabet a big thing but there are an infinite number of other challanges that people have come up with:

There are many geographic challanges such as all the sussex PRs or inside the M25, but there are also more wacky ones:

There the compass challange: (You have to do a Parkrun starting North*, South*, East* & West*)
The BeeGees challange: 3 Bs & 3 Gs
The Pirate Challange: 7Cs and a R

The Stopwatch Challange: You need to complete 60 parkruns with your official times ending in 00 - 59 (the seconds) - bit random that one not sure how you can easily go for a missing time.

... but you probably know all these.:wink:

Blimey! All news to me.

driddles

Nov 8, 2003
Ontario, Canada
One more run left in week 4 of couch to 5k.
Question - for morning runs do you eat breakfast before or after your run? I've been fine with eating before up until today (4.7K). As I build up distance in my runs I'm wondering if just water is good enough before a morning run?

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
One more run left in week 4 of couch to 5k.
Question - for morning runs do you eat breakfast before or after your run? I've been fine with eating before up until today (4.7K). As I build up distance in my runs I'm wondering if just water is good enough before a morning run?

Should be fine. I run up to 20 miles without breakfast but my body is used to that. On race days from 5k up I'll eat before even if only a couple of bananas. Listen to your body and be consistent. We are all slightly different.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here