Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Police called to Build-A-Bear Workshop

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I think a fair proportion of NSC will not have a clue what you are on about.
They are probably still in the 5 hour queue.

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
Saw this when I popped into Exeter over lunch to grab some shopping on my break. Hundreds, literally hundreds of mums with pushchairs and irritable fathers queuing for about 250 yards up the high street waiting to get into our local branch of...whatever toy shop it is - didn't really notice which store it was. Unlike the link posted in the OP, this was very calm and civilised.

Crazy, but good I suppose for the economy in general, people have more cash to spend on stuffed polyester that kids will end up binning within a year.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I think a fair proportion of NSC will not have a clue what you are on about.

True.

I guess the alternative "did they go in an ANPR enabled Police Interceptor" just doesn't work with the story though...?

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
Cue the sob stories from distressed parents because little Fifi didn't get a bear, in the hope there'll be a media backlash and they get a free one hand delivered by Paddington himself.

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
This is my favourite bit. Superb:

A mother in Milton Keynes said she had taken her five-year-old daughter out of school to ensure they could get in the queue for a discounted bear.

"She's only five, they're not really doing much in school that's important at that age," she said.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
There's something about seeing a 'bargain' that does strange things to people en-mass. A bit like a Primark sale on Oxford Street, total carnage.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
My 87 year old grandmother called me kicking off saying she just got asked to pay nearly 90 quid for a teddy.

Quite honestly, an 87-year-old shouldn't be wearing a teddy. Does she wear basques as well?

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Ah I wondered what the long queue was in Churchill Square was today which was mums with young children in tow. Glad I didn't join the queue otherwise I would have ended up paying more than the retail price

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
This is my favourite bit. Superb:

A mother in Milton Keynes said she had taken her five-year-old daughter out of school to ensure they could get in the queue for a discounted bear.

"She's only five, they're not really doing much in school that's important at that age," she said.

Mine too! Obviously her mothers genes mean she’ll become one of the country’s great scientists rather than say an obese love island wannabe with no exam passes...

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Sounds like a typical British chavalanche to me

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Ah I wondered what the long queue was in Churchill Square was today which was mums with young children in tow. Glad I didn't join the queue otherwise I would have ended up paying more than the retail price

I'm looking forward to the Argus take on this then, even more so as half the people who queued up for six hours to save fifteen quid on a bear will probably have ended up paying double that in Churchill Square parking charges :clap2:

Madness. To think they'd willingly stand there for that long with kids in tow. Probably complaining that the shop didn't lay on refreshments, a bouncy castle and a special nap area too.

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
I had to pop into Debenhams, Churchill Square earlier today and the queue for Build a Bear was mahoosive. I counted 4 Churchill Square employees on door and queue duties at that shop!!!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here