Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] BAFTA. Cringy stuff

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol
They should televise all industry awards events. It would make a great channel. Watching people from all different industries getting lagging in their once a year tux’s before stumbling off back to The Holiday Inn Victoria with the Mrs after having won best regional sales team.

More interesting TV if its not stumbling off with the Mrs or Mr...which tends to happen at these awards...

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I enjoy film awards. I think it is harsh the comments about the rising star winner and God. The speech was about how she rose from a bleak place with depression and achieved something amazing, she had someone/something to believe in again and that was the message to never give up. Good for her

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
I think it great God took time off from killing people including children with natural disaster, disease and famine to make fine actors and actresses,

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Award ceremonies are, without exception, unmitigated BOREFESTS.

Don't watch them then. It is quite simple when you think about it

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Don't watch them then. It is quite simple when you think about it

I don't.

Thankfully the Oscars kicks off at silly-o'clock and is tucked away somewhere on Sky, so it completely passes me by. The roundup on the following nights news is plenty. How on earth some people manage to stay up for the whole thing is quite beyond me, but then I know plenty of folk who'd say the same about the Superbowl (albeit this years as a spectacle truly was a snooze).

An endless procession of speeches, clips and woops - mnah.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Events like the BAFTAS are insufferable and ridiculous on so many levels. The only sane response is to completely ignore their existence.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I don't.

Thankfully the Oscars kicks off at silly-o'clock and is tucked away somewhere on Sky, so it completely passes me by. The roundup on the following nights news is plenty. How on earth some people manage to stay up for the whole thing is quite beyond me, but then I know plenty of folk who'd say the same about the Superbowl (albeit this years as a spectacle truly was a snooze).

An endless procession of speeches, clips and woops - mnah.

With media arse-lickers outside dribbling "Are you off to the Vanity Fair Party?". zzzzzz

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
With media arse-lickers outside dribbling "Are you off to the Vanity Fair Party?". zzzzzz

Indeed. And the endless speeches. "I wanna thank [insert interminably long list of numerous names nobodies ever heard of]. "Without you guys, this would never have been possible. And I wanna thank my family, and (inevitably) GAAAHD, and our Lord Jesus Christ..."

Audience: "WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"

*starts self-harming*

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
Indeed. And the endless speeches. "I wanna thank [insert interminably long list of numerous names nobodies ever heard of]. "Without you guys, this would never have been possible. And I wanna thank my family, and (inevitably) GAAAHD, and our Lord Jesus Christ..."

Audience: "WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"

*starts self-harming*

*flicks salt over left shoulder*

"The power of Christ compels you!"

*changes channel to QVC*

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here