Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] The Award-winning official "More Snow Tomorrow?" Thread [2023-24 Season]

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Snow chance for Findon looking very small now sadly. But otherwise I'll be there watching you terrify your son into the brambles and nettles!

Might be better chance next week?

I had a sledge run after we'd taken him to school. I ended up in the brambles.

https://vimeo.com/199292170

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
I had a sledge run after we'd taken him to school. I ended up in the brambles.

https://vimeo.com/199292170

Nice. Drove past the Gallops earlier and saw one or two pre school efforts but didn't see you. Guess you were hiding in the brambles, all scratched up :) The way the sun was shining on the field I am guessing it won't last very long.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Nice. Drove past the Gallops earlier and saw one or two pre school efforts but didn't see you. Guess you were hiding in the brambles, all scratched up :) The way the sun was shining on the field I am guessing it won't last very long.

The other two inhabitants of chez Bozza were out there pre-school, happily bombing down and NOT ending up in the brambles. That only happened when I became involved. A trend is developing here.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
January

Was expecting Siberia the way everyone on the news has been hysterically acting.

You'd be well chuffed this morning if were supposed to be a passenger on one of those 150 flights cancelled yesterday.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Nothing in Liverpool or my bit of North Wales.

Cheers for that, I remember coming up to see relatives Christmas 2010 and the huge dump of snow and then massively low temperatures as we tried to get back to Sussex.

Crawling down the M40 in minus 10 degrees with both outer lanes sheeted with ice and knowing we had had to get home as we had a flight out to Melbourne the next day was one of the more stressful driving experiences I have had!

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
That's the spirit

IMG_0298.JPG

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patreon
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Cheers for that, I remember coming up to see relatives Christmas 2010 and the huge dump of snow and then massively low temperatures as we tried to get back to Sussex.

Crawling down the M40 in minus 10 degrees with both outer lanes sheeted with ice and knowing we had had to get home as we had a flight out to Melbourne the next day was one of the more stressful driving experiences I have had!

Nightmare. Motorways are not fun in the snow as people either go too slowly or too fast!

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Nearly four feet of snow forecast in next few days in El Tarter according to Snow-forecast.com!!

Heavy snow there as I type. Plus 50 kmh winds and a temp on -7C. Not nice conditions to be out in.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Nighttime temperatures of -22C next week according to the weather on my phone!

Hopefully by next weekend the snow will all be down and the sun will come out!!

Forecast temp of -18C on Tuesday morning and a windchill of -31C! But the sun comes out Wednesday and it's only -8C in calm winds.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
Last night at about 17:00 was flumping in leatherhead however as i drove home to kingston it was just wet...

Now it has just started again in leatherhead... Very small wispy snow... No flumps as of yet

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Looks like people are skiing in White Out in El Tarter currently.

[video]https://webtv.feratel.com/webtv/?cam=15045&design=v3&c0=0&c1=0&lg=en&s=0[/video]

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Last night at about 17:00 was flumping in leatherhead however as i drove home to kingston it was just wet...

Now it has just started again in leatherhead... Very small wispy snow... No flumps as of yet

It's from the feature I mentioned a few days ago, that's passing down the country.

Snow2.png

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patreon
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Nightmare. Motorways are not fun in the snow as people either go too slowly or too fast!

A few people did try the middle & outer lanes, saw some stuffed into the central reservation a bit further down the road... :facepalm:

What was weirder was the number of abandoned vehicles on the hard shoulder between Oxford & High Wycombe and the trails of footsteps heading over fields to God knows where! :eek:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here