Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Are you watching and enjoying the Women’s World Cup?

Are you watching the Women’s World Cup?

• Total voters

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Surprisingly good when watched on fast forward,and it cuts out the dreadful commentary.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Yes I am watching a bit. Mainly highlights and bits and pieces so far. Don't mind the standard to much. Australia v Brazil looked a good game. England played well against Argentina I thought. It will good my interest.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

MJsGhost

Remembers
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Other:
No, but I don’t really bother watching the men’s team either

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
My assessment of England so far :
Entertainment OK
Skills variable
Decision making poor
Heading ability shocking

They've been hyped even more than Southgate's team are but nothing I've seen in either game so far or the match at the Amex justifies it. They're okay at the back but the further forward you go they less they have to offer. Their main plan seems to be to lump it down the right for either the winger or full-back to get a cross in. And then the other team clear rhe cross without too much trouble.

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
Over 20 thousand Dutch fans at the match v Cameroon today , excellent atmosphere and a superb goal from the Dutch quickly cancelled out by plucky Cameroon

Apr 1, 2007
Saltdean
Nice stadium in Valenciennes for a second tier club...Having a nose it said that a Frederic Bong plays for them, and our Bong also played for them...Wonder if they are related or if Bong is the Cameroon equivalent of Smith?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Have watched some of the England games but that’s as much as I can stomach. As well as it being boring I also like to take a break from football during the summer, England men’s team tournaments aside.

Albion Prem

Nov 23, 2018
Lindfield
I watched about 65 mins of the ENG vs ARG game tonight and the absense of cheating, feigning, diving and all-round poor sporting behaviour was hugely refreshing and a massive plus for me. Yes, there were some robust challenges and some late tackles too but the players generally picked themselves up and got on with it. I didn't notice any screaming at / surrounding of the officials either. The elite men's game could learn a huge amount from this aspect of the women's game.

The absense of cheating,diving etc is due to the lack of interest by the general public

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
The absense of cheating,diving etc is due to the lack of interest by the general public
Lack of interest by the general public = No cheating and diving etc.

That is not the corollary I would come up with.

I have seen kids emulate the cheats from the Premier League occasionally. That's just on the playing field at school.

Perhaps the women are just more honest?

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Fully prepared for this flaming coming my way but come back to me when they have goal keepers that can actually keep goal rather than fall over as another speculative punt goes in.

The game has improved immeasurably in all areas except this one. I’ve actually tried watching some highlights because I’ve heard mention of an incredible goal or two only to see the keeper fall over like they did on Sensible Soccer.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Apparently 5.4million watched the Eng v Arg game on BBC.

I've been in France for the last two weeks so haven't heard their commentary, but have been able to watch the games. The French seem to be fairly enthusiastic about it, but then they are the hosts.

I watched the final between USA & England 4 years ago.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Fully prepared for this flaming coming my way but come back to me when they have goal keepers that can actually keep goal rather than fall over as another speculative punt goes in.

The Argentian goalie against England was superb - she could certainly keep goal

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Sweden on today :clap:

swe.JPG

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here