Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Where is he?

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Sorry work to hard for a holiday and if I secured a dream job I wouldn't go AWOL for 3+weeks. Anyway only an opinion, don't want to get called out by the internet tough guys.

For all we know he's been watching analysis videos 12 hours a day. So I'm curious: what were you hoping he'd have done by now? What should he have done so this thread didn't get started? Is it the fact he took a holiday? Pretty much all the players and coaches and analysts are out of the country as June is the only time they can have a holiday.

Prettyboyshaw

Feb 20, 2004
Saltdean
You are are that you aren’t his boss, yes? I doubt he’s AWOL somehow.

I assume you mean aware? Yes funnily enough I am aware he isn't on my payroll. However, that doesn't stop me from being allowed an opinion. Do you always get this angry...not good for the old heart.

Prettyboyshaw

Feb 20, 2004
Saltdean
For all we know he's been watching analysis videos 12 hours a day. So I'm curious: what were you hoping he'd have done by now? What should he have done so this thread didn't get started? Is it the fact he took a holiday? Pretty much all the players and coaches and analysts are out of the country as June is the only time they can have a holiday.

Was just hoping for some sort of statement about his plans ambitions for the team etc. Other teams seem to be active again but as usual whilst our great new hope is currently applying after sun. Let's hope we don't do what we always do and leave things late.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
They've already said not to expect much transfer activity, so keep expectations low and look forward to pre-season.
I, for one, am glad to have an extended break from this nonsense kickball stuff after a relatively grim season.
:shrug:

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Managers that come in mid season have no time at all to talk about their ideas or prepare yet the good ones start to make a difference in only a few weeks. So whilst we peddle this nonsense that our manager should be putting himself 24/7 into the club (off the back of a full season with Swansea) instead of getting the break every other premier league manager will be having at this time is frankly ridiculous.

Think the OP needs to calm down and enjoy the summer break (like our squad and manager are)

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
He’d be one sad ******* if he was wandering around the Amex and the training ground talking tactics and plans with all the players away on holiday.

There are so many cooks involved in the running the rest of the club that he’d just be getting in the way on the non playing side.

I imagine he is spending most of his holiday wishing the time away for when he can start work

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
What a strange, strange thread.

thony

Jul 24, 2011
Hollingbury
Was just hoping for some sort of statement about his plans ambitions for the team etc. Other teams seem to be active again but as usual whilst our great new hope is currently applying after sun. Let's hope we don't do what we always do and leave things late.
He gave such a statement when he was appointed. He can't really add anything more until he's actually met the players face to face and assessed them, and decided what core team, attitudes and aspirations he has to work with. We know from previous interviews that he can be flexible in his approach, and with Ostersund he wanted to determine what type of "identity" the club wanted before he decided what style of football they should play to fit that identity.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Okay that's fine...each to their own. Just think with everyone unsure about his appointment a rallying call, an outline of his plans would have been good rather than weeks of silence holiday or not.

Who's this 'everyone' you speak of ? I'm not unsure at all - it's a bold and exciting appointment.

el punal

The new more or less unknown manager given a Premiership chance, goes on a nice relaxing holiday and then goes mute. Say something to allay our fears that we are ****ed this season!

Say something to allay YOUR fears? Try relaxing on a sun lounger, have a glass of Pimms, see a therapist, go on a world tour, count butterflies. FFS! What do you want him to say - the weather is warmer in Brighton than it is in Swansea? The players don’t report back for training for another two weeks, so the answer, really, is there’s nothing to say. :shrug:

South Stand Bonfire

Who lit that match then?
NSC Patreon
Jan 24, 2009
Shoreham-a-la-mer
He’d be one sad ******* if he was wandering around the Amex and the training ground talking tactics and plans with all the players away on holiday.

There are so many cooks involved in the running the rest of the club that he’d just be getting in the way on the non playing side.

I imagine he is spending most of his holiday wishing the time away for when he can start work

Man City have lots of cooks involved too.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here