Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Are you watching and enjoying the Women’s World Cup?

Are you watching the Women’s World Cup?

• Total voters

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I'm dipping in and out. I'd probably watch a bit more if they showed all the games but I have watched a few of the games that are televised.

I missed the first England game as I was playing cricket but will tune in tonight

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'm dipping in and out. I'd probably watch a bit more if they showed all the games but I have watched a few of the games that are televised.

I missed the first England game as I was playing cricket but will tune in tonight

They're all on the red button aren't they ?

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
If we make the final I’ll be going Glory Hunter and watching. My biggest problem is a woman, my wife. She is very good about me watching Albion games but when I jokingly mentioned watching the Women’s world cup for the next few weeks...well if looks could kill :smile:

If we make the final and it clashes with Wimbledon I’m fecked

I think this is not uncommon. I’m fairly interested, but Mrs Hamilton couldn’t give a toss. She’ll happily go to the Amex and is a Liverpool fan, but women’s football she won’t give up any time to.

I think this is a problem for the women’s game at the moment. Women don’t like women’s football yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Wached the jocks. That was quite funny. I will watch it if I remember it is on. I actually forgot the men's game against someobody or other recently was on, which isn't like me. Having been reminded England are up tonight I'll deffo watch.

But I am not following it on radio 5. For all the reasons outlined by others the po faced hyperbole on the one hand, and the sneery sexism on the other leave me cold. It is a sport, it is a form of football, and I quite enjoy it. That's it.

In fact I have got so bored with radio 5 lately I may start a thread about it......I have actually started listening to radio 6. That Tom Ravenscroft has improved hugely in the last 10 years. Actually listenable now, and playing some cracking tunes. Normil Hawaiins and Glaxo Babies last night!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Wached the jocks. That was quite funny. I will watch it if I remember it is on. I actually forgot the men's game against someobody or other recently was on, which isn't like me. Having been reminded England are up tonight I'll deffo watch.

But I am not following it on radio 5. For all the reasons outlined by others the po faced hyperbole on the one hand, and the sneery sexism on the other leave me cold. It is a sport, it is a form of football, and I quite enjoy it. That's it.

In fact I have got so bored with radio 5 lately I may start a thread about it......I have actually started listening to radio 6. That Tom Ravenscroft has improved hugely in the last 10 years. Actually listenable now, and playing some cracking tunes. Normil Hawaiins and Glaxo Babies last night!

Does this mean you're putting Radio 5 on ignore ? :wink:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
They're all on the red button aren't they ?

Not on every TV set they're not - I can't get them.

I could watch them online but a) the PC doesn't have great sound or picture quality and b) it's a bit antisocial staying in my room - football should be a social event where all watch it

BBC4 is not used in the afternoon - the Beeb could easily put games on there

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Not on every TV set they're not - I can't get them.

I could watch them online but a) the PC doesn't have great sound or picture quality and b) it's a bit antisocial staying in my room - football should be a social event where all watch it

BBC4 is not used in the afternoon - the Beeb could easily put games on there

Thats where my chromebook lappy comes into its own, can take that anywhere.

What about BBC iPlayer, is it not all being shown live on there ?

Nigella's Cream Pie

Fingerlickin good
Apr 2, 2009
Up your alley
I think this is not uncommon. I’m fairly interested, but Mrs Hamilton couldn’t give a toss. She’ll happily go to the Amex and is a Liverpool fan, but women’s football she won’t give up any time to.

I think this is a problem for the women’s game at the moment. Women don’t like women’s football yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Women only like watching tennis, even if Andy Murray's playing

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
There has been some excellent comedy defending.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I think the point about women watching it (or rather not being interested) is valid. My wife has to put up with me and the nipper watching all manner of sport. She actually enjoys watching Brighton and England matches and some cricket.

Particularly with the ACTUAL (cricket) World Cup on at the moment, I can imagine her reaction if after a day of cricket on the TV I said "Oh and I'd like to watch the women's football".

Adding in the fact that I'm not really bothered about it and no, I've not watched any of it so far.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here