Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Single Tooth dental implant

warlingham seagull

Jul 28, 2004
Warlingham
As Muzzman #5 I can recommend Brighton Implant Clinic in Hove. I have had 3 done there - 2 not straightforward. 2 friends of mine have also been there. Prices were less scary than other places and their equipment is first class. They do also tell you if they don't think your case is suitable.

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
I'm 40 now. Haven't been to the dentist since I was 18 and had to start paying for it.

Touch wood I've no problems so far.

My teeth are straight and all line up when my trap is shut with hardly any gap between top and bottom sets.

I'm either incredibly lucky, had good genes, both or I've just looked after them well enough. Could do with a bit of a deep clean to get rid of the tobacco staining.

People say tooth ache is the worst pain ever but I've never had one, and can't begin to understand how bad it is. Although I do get gout in my ankle so imagine it's similar as that is a killer.

Boroseagull

Aug 23, 2003
Alhaurin de la Torre
Have a look at at Spain, Costa del Sol to be precise. Before retiring here I had an implant in 1998 at a cost of £1500, OK it it worked but nothing special - a like for like replacement. 20 years on my wife and quite a few friends have had implants here (near Malaga), some very complicated, some simple like mine with prices ranging from 700 euros complete. My wife recently had complicated mouth surgery involving extractions, bone scraped away, rebuilt, implant post and double implant fitted - 14 visits and total cost was 1500 euros. At exactly the same time a friend in the UK (Hertfordshire) had precisely the same treatment except hers cost just over £5000!

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
I went to the Brighton Implant Clinic on Church Road between First and Second Avenue. I had been saving up for 18 months for the treatment and when they saw me they were very reluctant to go ahead with the implant saying they thought they could fix it with a cosmetic filling. I saw another consultant who agreed with the first assessment and ended up getting the filling done instead. I'm really happy with the work, you can't tell where my old tooth starts and the new filling begins and it only cost me £90...

They could have easily taken the £2K I saved up so have to give them kudos for saving the natural tooth I have, fixing the problem and for a very reasonable price too.

Sorry I'm a bit confused as to who originally diagnosed you as requiring an implant in the first place? You must have had quite a significant amount of tooth left for any type of filling. £90 is also not an NHS and as private fees go that is very cheap.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here