Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bottle Top BAN!

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
bottle-tops.jpg

Sorted.

https://www.mytheresa.com/en-gb/bal...mmlp7e3wIVCJztCh0wLQDfEAQYASABEgK2f_D_BwE:G:s

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Security people at all clubs constantly meet with police to determine which status each match gets categorised as. Consequently, the directives could actually be coming from the police in order for the club to retain the category C status at most matches, thus saving the club lots of money o cost of policing.

I would have thought that with their dramatically reduced budgets and shortage of cash the Police would be battling for every game to be a Category A, shirley? It doesn't benefit the Police to cajole the club into Category C classification for almost all matches, and therefore Sussex Police footing the bill.. ?

PS : above.. Is that Jarvis Cocker?!

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Do the people who are UP IN ARMS about something so trivial have a similiar melt down when they board a plane? Have you refused to fly because you can't take a bottle of water/flask through security?

Once through security, you can buy bottled water to take on the plane complete with lid.

hoveboyslim

Feb 7, 2004
Hove
Of course not, but your point of comparison was adults with pints. There is no comparison.

I drink my pint in the concourse, standing up, with my pint in my hand until I finish it.

Kids (and adults with soft drinks for that matter) will take them to their seat. They will sit down. They will not want to hold an open bottle for as long as it takes to drink, which could be the entire match. As such it will be set down, where there is a significant chance of it being knocked over and spilled.

Just as well I kept my Withdean waterproofs, I'll be ready for the onslaught!! In all seriousness I appreciate it's more of a pain dealing with this with children. Sadly the club is generally over zealous in these sort of matters, not to mention the general patronising tone of the emails.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Do the people who are UP IN ARMS about something so trivial have a similiar melt down when they board a plane? Have you refused to fly because you can't take a bottle of water/flask through security?

Oddly you can take a flask (as long as it is empty) and a bottle top on a plane but not into the Amex so that is a strange comparison to make.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
My kids and the surrounding floor, contents on the floor and nearby shoes or trainers will be full of Orange Fanta! Don’t put your £3.50 programme on the floor under your seat!

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
All jokes aside is not the sale of soft drinks/water going to drop as you are asked to consume it all before you sit down or risk it being kicked over?

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
I support the club on this one. Our first season at the Amex I could have been killed by a full bottle of water thrown from West Upper that whistled past my ear (I sit in row L WSL) and slammed into the back of the seat in front of me. The velocity that was travelling at would have meant either very serious injury or game over if it had connected. It's just a sensible thing to do as there will always be the odd idiot in any crowd.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Imagine what would happen if people queued up at every kiosk and just asked for a cup of tap water for free as Barber suggests, would piss off everyone wanting to buy a beer or a pie and the profits would be hit massively. Why can't someone with common sense run the club instead of people who know the price of everything and value of nothing

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here