Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The "Where will Zaha go?" Summer 2018 thread

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Mamadou Sakho, Jeffrey Schlupp and Andros Townsend earn approximately £350,000 a week between them. None of the managers who signed any of them are still in SE25

:eek:

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Cant understand why one of very big clubs havent signed him. He is one of very few players who you can guarantee will win you at least 7/8 games.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
An excellent piece by Daniel Storey about Palace on Football 365.

https://www.football365.com/news/crystal-palace-the-quiet-before-another-storm

An interesting, informative article that confirms all that non-Palace supporters are witnessing and believe to be what is happening (even if Palace fans think all is under control).

It was particularly interesting to note how few players CPFC2010 have ever sold for a profit.
As the author mentions, they haven't got a bad starting XI for the Premier League but don't have much scope for squad rotation. A fact that will eventually catch up with them if they pick up a few injuries.

The dilemma of hanging on to Zaha or selling him?
If he was sold for say £60m (a possibility if Richarlison is worth £50m) how much would they receive after a percentage goes to Manchester United? This would then leave them a budget to bring in a couple of top players and to pay their wages, but loose their talisman.

Of a bigger concern will be the absence of Rueben Loftus-Cheek who they must be frantically hoping Chelsea will lend to them for a second season. Despite his injuries last season he still looked their best player.
After Chelsea have been previously burned by letting go Mo Sarah, Kevin De Bruyne and Lukaku I'm sure they are very nervous of not giving Loftus-Cheek every opportunity and will want to keep him in their squad.
If CPFC2010 can find a way of hanging onto Zaha and getting back Loftus-Cheek they may have a chance of escaping relegation. If not, it could all turn ugly once again with extra stewards once again needed as the players walk off the pitch.

Anxious times at CPFC2010.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Not convinced they will struggle IF they hold onto Mr Tumble TBH... expect they will struggle if he finds the exit door though... the contrast in their results with and without him is, frankly, amazing... of course, he might stay, and be incredibly disgruntled too, and so perform poorly, which would also negatively impact their results... happy days! :)

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Of a bigger concern will be the absence of Rueben Loftus-Cheek who they must be frantically hoping Chelsea will lend to them for a second season. Despite his injuries last season he still looked their best player.
After Chelsea have been previously burned by letting go Mo Sarah, Kevin De Bruyne and Lukaku I'm sure they are very nervous of not giving Loftus-Cheek every opportunity and will want to keep him in their squad.
If CPFC2010 can find a way of hanging onto Zaha and getting back Loftus-Cheek they may have a chance of escaping relegation. If not, it could all turn ugly once again with extra stewards once again needed as the players walk off the pitch.

after a decent world cup, and with a few players possibly leaving, i'd be very surprised if Chelsea let Loftus-Cheek out on loan again. not as surprised as he would be and i reckon a transfer request and move to one of the top 5-6 teams would follow. either way no one can seriously expect him to play for Palace again.

the problem with Zaha leaving is they have to replace two key players, Zaha and RHC, just to stand still, so the money wont go very far in improving the squad. and they wont get nearly as much as they expect, what with the clauses. and if he were worth substantial fee, Man U might well take their option to buy back and sell him on immediately.

Last edited:

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
What we really need is the Palace fans perspective on this

Calling [MENTION=23111]Dougie[/MENTION], [MENTION=33732]Swillis[/MENTION] [MENTION=25756]Se20[/MENTION].

I’ll do anything for a laugh.:)

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex

Calling [MENTION=23111]Dougie[/MENTION], [MENTION=33732]Swillis[/MENTION] [MENTION=25756]Se20[/MENTION].

I can predict that for you.

Mr Tumble will stay
Loftus-Cheek will return on loan
They will finish in a Champions League spot
Brighton will be relegated with a record low points tally

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005

I can sum it up for you.. but what about Your debts, you are in a worse position than us..when uncle Tony ha had enough, you are screwed..

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

Easily batted away by the word 'agenda'.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
Obviously I have nothing but scorn for Palace, but I must admit to quite liking Zaha in many ways. I love a zero to hero / rags to riches story and despite his theatrics, he is a quality player, is a local lad and to date has been very loyal to Palace - he's been too good for them for quite some time now. I honestly can't see him playing poorly if he doesn't get a move this summer, I suspect he will only ever give his best for Palace and I respect that.

Obviously I hate him from a Brighton perspective.

TypicalPalace

May 5, 2013
An interesting, informative article that confirms all that non-Palace supporters are witnessing and believe to be what is happening (even if Palace fans think all is under control).

It was particularly interesting to note how few players CPFC2010 have ever sold for a profit.
As the author mentions, they haven't got a bad starting XI for the Premier League but don't have much scope for squad rotation. A fact that will eventually catch up with them if they pick up a few injuries.

The dilemma of hanging on to Zaha or selling him?
If he was sold for say £60m (a possibility if Richarlison is worth £50m) how much would they receive after a percentage goes to Manchester United? This would then leave them a budget to bring in a couple of top players and to pay their wages, but loose their talisman.

Anxious times at CPFC2010.

And yet we will still beat you and finish above you in the league. Lets just forget about all the guff and strip everything back to basics. We are still better than you. I fullt accept its a squad game but barring another season of horrific injuries we are miles ahead of you on the pitch. Miiiiiiillllllleeesss. Even with your new Iranian superstar haha

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
And yet we will still beat you and finish above you in the league. Lets just forget about all the guff and strip everything back to basics. We are still better than you. I fullt accept its a squad game but barring another season of horrific injuries we are miles ahead of you on the pitch. Miiiiiiillllllleeesss. Even with your new Iranian superstar haha

Has anyone got all these on their Palace Bingo card?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Think I'm going for a 'let's wait and see' on this one.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Why do people think he would leave Palace.
He is a proven cheat and CP have also shafted and conned so many in their two admins. They are made for each other. He feels comfortable there......... look what happened last time he wandered off for a while.

NorthLainer

Aug 12, 2011
Now available in Hove

When you say miles, to use your analogy I'd say it was a foot or less and that we are catching up rapidly.

Look at last year. You finished four points above us. In reality that was just two goals: if we had managed to nick one to win it to the background of flares and thunderflashes at our place that would have given us +2 and you -1 points on your total; and if Murray had managed to turn his body to get a better connection at yours to get a draw that would have made a difference of +1 for us and -2 for you. Meaning we would have actually have finished two points ahead. All ifs and buts I know, but the point it it was actually very fine margins last year.

I think you had the better squad last year so should have finished higher. This year though, well let's see...

TypicalPalace

May 5, 2013
Think I'm going for a 'let's wait and see' on this one.

Yeah cant argue with that. Fair play youve made some signings all pretty much unknowns, premier league wise anyway. Just feel our first 11 are far superior. Beyond that I wouldnt be as confident but lets see who we bring in. Palace are a couple of players away from being really, really good but one injury away from disaster haha. Its the palace way

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

You may be or you not be - there's really no way of knowing.

However I very much doubt what you have minus Zaha is ahead of us. Granted if you don't have Zaha then you will have a pot of cash to spend, but one thing your club has excelled at is pissing money up against a wall season after season, drossy player after drossy player.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here