Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Hypothetical poll re the Albion manager

Would you swap Potter for Lampard as BHA manager?

• Total voters

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I’m not sure anyone on this thread knows enough to make a comparison. GPs decisions get dissected to death and everyone is an ‘expert’ (in the ‘in’ and ‘out’ crowds). I think it unlikely that anyone on here has done anything like that much analysis about Chelsea. Personally I couldn’t even name more than a couple of their players.

Speak for yourself. Some of us, read, listen, watch, study and analyse a lot of football outside of the Albion. I can confidently say we have a much better manager than Chelsea.

If you couldn’t name more than two of their players I would first of all say I would be amazed as they are one of the most high profile clubs in the same division of us. And secondly I would then question any opinion you had on our manager and players as you have no knowledge to base them on.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Tedious thread, didn’t take long from the OP to make it a Potter in crowd vs the out crowd.

If the poll results had been the other way around you’d be all over it like a pig in shit though, which would also have been tedious :smile:

FWIW I actually expected Lampard to win when I posted :shrug:

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
If the poll results had been the other way around you’d be all over it like a pig in shit though, which would also have been tedious :smile:

You are on here constantly bleating on about TB’s long term vision with GP. How do you know the Russian doesn’t have a similar view with Lampard? Your stating he’s out of his depth at Chelsea yet when when Albion fans show concern at our one home win in a year and only three wins all season you defend Potter like your life depends on it.

If we are comparing the two clubs they are actually quite similar both have gone with a young English manager, aren’t you being fickle calling Lampard out and not Potter who factually has the worst set of results ???

Last edited:

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Speak for yourself. Some of us, read, listen, watch, study and analyse a lot of football outside of the Albion. I can confidently say we have a much better manager than Chelsea.

If you couldn’t name more than two of their players I would first of all say I would be amazed as they are one of the most high profile clubs in the same division of us. And secondly I would then question any opinion you had on our manager and players as you have no knowledge to base them on.

Agree with the sentiment 100% re Potter.

Personally, though, I believe you need to have played/coached at a good level to have a true understanding, the higher level the better.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Agree with the sentiment 100% re Potter.

Personally, though, I believe you need to have played/coached at a good level to have a true understanding, the higher level the better.

Well that’s me fecked :lolol:

Under 13 school goalkeeper was my zenith. After that just kickabouts with no coaching experience at all :wink:

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
You are on here constantly bleating on about TB’s long term vision with GP. How do you know the Russian doesn’t have a similar view with Lampard? Your stating he’s out of his depth at Chelsea yet when when Albion fans show concern at our one home win in a year and only three wins all season you defend Potter like your life depends on it.

If we are comparing the two clubs they are actually quite similar both have gone with a young English manager, aren’t you being fickle calling Lampard out and not Potter who factually has the worst set of results ???

If the Russian sticks with Lampard until the end of the season I’ll eat my Albion bobble hat, OK?

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

Well, we all know who the hardcore are behind the Potter Out Campaign now.

Hopefully they’ll all be put back in their box as results continue to improve, even if they won’t change their minds because of dated cliched ancient dogma like ‘he doesn’t even know his best 11’. No one will listen to them anymore if we beat Fulham.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
That’s not answering the question why are you calling Lampard out ???

You are taking this much too seriously, maybe you should put me on ignore!

The expectations of Chelsea will be Champion’s League minimum. He’s very unlikely to get that with City, United, Spurs, Liverpool, resurgent Arsenal and Leicester all looking much more likely. Potter’s brief is likely to be to keep us up whilst continuing to change the footballing philosophy of the Albion imo. I happen to think GP is much more astute and tactically aware than Lampard and at a club where he will be backed unless things go very pear shaped. I don’t see Lampard being backed much longer if he doesn’t return to winning ways given the squad at his disposal. Will that do?

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
This is a bizarre fishing poll.

Icy is obsessed with starting a fight with the Potter Out crowd.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham

The expectations of Chelsea will be Champion’s League minimum. He’s very unlikely to get that with City, United, Spurs, Liverpool, resurgent Arsenal and Leicester all looking much more likely. Potter’s brief is likely to be to keep us up whilst continuing to change the footballing philosophy of the Albion imo. I happen to think GP is much more astute and tactically aware than Lampard and at a club where he will be backed unless things go very pear shaped. I don’t see Lampard being backed much longer if he doesn’t return to winning ways given the squad at his disposal. Will that do?
:lolol: Behave you start a poll every other day on the subject.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Well, I wasn't expecting to be alone! I think Lampard will go on to have a much better managerial career than Potter will. Would I swap them right now, today? It's irrelevant because it's not going to happen and Bloom wouldn't make such a decision. But if Lampard is available in the summer I absolutely think there's a chance we'd make a change if there isn't a clear and marked improvement between now and the end of the season.

That's a lot of ifs

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham

Guess work then :rolleyes:

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

Goodness, you really are an arrogant prick.
I made a light hearted post.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham

What are you basing Potters greatness on? The majestic three wins so far this season? He has potential but that’s about it, the wins have been in between some bizarre line ups and in game decisions.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
What are you basing Potters greatness on? The majestic three wins so far this season? He has potential but that’s about it, the wins have been in between some bizarre line ups and in game decisions.

With the exception of the Arsenal home game (where he clearly used squad rotation to avoid Connolly getting injured and to keep Maupay fresh for the Wolves game), what are your top 3 bizarre line-ups?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here