Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Albums you had which you’d like to have again but cannot find

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Accessing music is a bloody doddle compared to 10-20 years ago . . . . I have a few albums it took me over 5 years to find, oddities never reissued until relatively recently on any format. Art, supernatural fairy tales, HP Lovecraft, I & II, and skip Bifferty are treasures.

2 that got away were mint copies,of original vinyl, ziggy stardust and tighten up volume 3. Have cd's but no idea what happened to the originals.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Melanie - Born to Be; it had a track on it called Bo Bo's Party which doesn't seem to get included on any Melanie compilations.

The Electric Prunes - Mass in F Minor; actually it was a bit crap, but I'd kinda like to hear it again!

The Beatles - Magical Mystery Tour album (not the two EP set as issued in the UK); I had a USA mono version;

The Beatles - The White Album, first edition, numbered (I had no. 78).............

I have the magical mystery tour album. Got it in the naafi store in Munster on a visit to a friend in the army back in the late 60s. Are they worth anything these days?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I have the magical mystery tour album. Got it in the naafi store in Munster on a visit to a friend in the army back in the late 60s. Are they worth anything these days?

Depnds a lot on which edition/release - there is a large variation; the mono version seems to start at about thirty quid; the stereo one starts at about a fiver. If they're the 'right' edition, they can be worth a couple of hundred quid.

It's like the White Album. You can get a bog standard one for a few quid. A first edition, no.78 (mine) in mint condition, with all the inserts, would be worth a four figure sum - if only I hadn't flogged it for a quid or so to raise funds to buy a guitar!

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Truths and Rights by Johnny Osbourne

My copy isn't going anywhere :D

20190221_205525-1.jpg

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Triple Echo - Soft Machine -1977

All their greatest hit :wink: 1967 - 76

Really shouldn't have been listening to a triple album of a bunch of Canterbury boys messing around with psychedelia and evolving into jazz-rock as punk was erupting but it is such sublime music I couldn't help it m'lud...

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I'm intrigued to know where albums that I've bought digitally have vanished to. I've lost PJ Harvey's Let England Shake and Elisabeth Schwarzkopf's Vier Letzte Lieder somewhere in the depths of my hard drive (and probably a couple more that I've forgotten about).

Of course I can buy them again (they're not obscure) but I'm a bit pissed off that they've disappeared - you don't get that with CDs

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
I'm intrigued to know where albums that I've bought digitally have vanished to. I've lost PJ Harvey's Let England Shake and Elisabeth Schwarzkopf's Vier Letzte Lieder somewhere in the depths of my hard drive (and probably a couple more that I've forgotten about).

Of course I can buy them again (they're not obscure) but I'm a bit pissed off that they've disappeared - you don't get that with CDs

If you've legitimately bought them digitally once, I'd say it was fair enough to record it off Spotify. I'm not sure that's really theft, is it?

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
I had The Rock Machine Turns You On which was a CBS sampler. The best sampler ever imo. It is still available on Vinyl but although it was issued on CD I cannot find it for sale anywhere. Nearly everything seems to be available these days one way or the other but not this one it seems.

If anyone has a cd they’d like to sell please pm me :smile:

Track list was

"I'll Be Your Baby Tonight" - Bob Dylan - from the LP John Wesley Harding
"Can't Be So Bad" - Moby Grape - from the LP Wow
"Fresh Garbage" - Spirit - from the LP Spirit
"I Won't Leave My Wooden Wife For You, Sugar" - The United States of America - from the LP The United States of America
"Time of the Season" - The Zombies – from the LP Odessey and Oracle
"Turn on a Friend" – The Peanut Butter Conspiracy – from the LP The Great Conspiracy
"Sisters of Mercy" – Leonard Cohen – from the LP The Songs of Leonard Cohen
Side 2
Edit
"My Days Are Numbered" – Blood, Sweat and Tears – from the LP Child Is Father to the Man
"Dolphins Smile" – The Byrds – from the LP The Notorious Byrd Brothers
"Scarborough Fair / Canticle" – Simon and Garfunkel – from the LP Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme
"Statesboro Blues" – Taj Mahal – from the LP Taj Mahal
"Killing Floor" – The Electric Flag – from the LP A Long Time Comin'
"Nobody’s Got Any Money In The Summer" – Roy Harper – from the LP Come Out Fighting Ghengis Smith
"Come Away Melinda" – Tim Rose – from the LP Tim Rose
"Flames" – Elmer Gantry's Velvet Opera – from the LP Elmer Gantry's Velvet Opera

'Fill your head with rock' was another similar CBS sampler. No idea what I did with that...

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
My old "That'll Be The Day" OST is well worn out, but I have never been able to find it on CD

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Melanie - Born to Be; it had a track on it called Bo Bo's Party which doesn't seem to get included on any Melanie compilations.

The Electric Prunes - Mass in F Minor; actually it was a bit crap, but I'd kinda like to hear it again!

The Beatles - Magical Mystery Tour album (not the two EP set as issued in the UK); I had a USA mono version;

The Beatles - The White Album, first edition, numbered (I had no. 78).............

Plenty of copies of these albums on eBay/Discogs, though a low numbered copy of the White Album will cost you serious money ...

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Picked up most of those sampler albums for pennies at car boots in the late 80's early 90's. You can all join in was my favourite. Spooky tooth, art, traffic, free, nirvana, jet hero Tull . . . Wynder k frog!

'Fill your head with rock' was another similar CBS sampler. No idea what I did with that...

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

A couple of others that don’t seem to be on CD, sadly, are Bumpers and Nice Enough To Eat from Island Records.

I am starting to seriously consider investing in a turntable to be able to get these albums and play the many stored in my loft, shame I gave away two high quality ones years ago.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
RAR' s Greatest Hits
Concert For The People Of 'Kampuchea
Life In The European Theatre
That Summer

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
Picked up most of those sampler albums for pennies at car boots in the late 80's early 90's. You can all join in was my favourite. Spooky tooth, art, traffic, free, nirvana, jet hero Tull . . . Wynder k frog!

I remember that one now....jet hero Tull, the wonders of predictive text ;)))

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
Just realise I do still have in my collection the (not very scratched vinyl) CBS sampler 'Rock Buster', some great stuff on that too. An enjoyable thread thru music memories, thanks

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Do it, top doctors recommend it, good for general wellbeing IMO!

A couple of others that don’t seem to be on CD, sadly, are Bumpers and Nice Enough To Eat from Island Records.

I am starting to seriously consider investing in a turntable to be able to get these albums and play the many stored in my loft, shame I gave away two high quality ones years ago.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here