Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
More grim news for Brexit Britain ..

MULTIMILLION pound port terminal, Tilbury2, has been approved today with construction scheduled to start within a matter of weeks.

The Secretary of State for Transport gave consent for the UK's fastest growing port, The Port of Tilbury, to begin the essential expansion, in order to keep up with the rising demand for construction materials, as well as imported and exported cars, and an increase in commercial ferry traffic, which carries consumer goods, perishables and steel between Europe and the UK.

The build is also set to increase direct employment from 3,500 to 12,000 jobs over the next ten to 15 years.

Construction of the port, which will include a new rail and road connection, deep water jetty and pontoon, will bring the project cost to in excess of £200 million.

https://www.harwichandmanningtreest...and-creating-8500-jobs-in-thurrock-and-essex/

Not sure why they are doing this as according to peeps on here we won't be doing much trade with Europe soon, we won't have a car industry and we will only be importing chlorinated chicken ...

Of course the docks have to be expanded.

How do you think all the businesses are going to leave?

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Of course the docks have to be expanded.

How do you think all the businesses are going to leave?

Not one of your better efforts...

abd399a3f5b1b7aaa0a3737aa26b3703.jpg

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Ok, and did as a general point did the working class vote out or remain?

We know the answer because it’s the working classes that have been hung out to dry by being in the EU? Don’t ask me, ask Yvette Cooper who apologised for not managing the labour market. Still that was when she had a sniff of power, now she doesn’t she’s back to the pro EU Tory default mode.

The answer is the working classes have been hung out to dry by successive centrist policies for the last half century. The EU isn't responsible for that. You've even made the point Cooper is a fault when in power - finally a glimmer that you do know that the EU hasn't had an almighty influence over the fate of our politics.

It is almost ironic, that out of your desire for radicalism, a new party is about to be formed for more centrism. These boards are awash with the sentiment, and yet you are so fixated on Brexit, your political aims never come through, just a continual countering of arguments using your same old bookmarked references. Stick your neck out, paint an optimistic radical evolution of our politics post Brexit and how leaving will facilitate it.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Nice work from the Led by Donkey's crew.

As Theresa May arrives in Brussels with 37 days till Brexit, she is welcomed with her with this giant billboard in the Place de Brouckère in the city centre.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    33 KB · Views: 136

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Good to see the FA Cup Quarter Final doesn't clash with the People's Vote March on Saturday 23rd March. Might even make a London weekend of it if I can get a ticket

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
I see the Brussels bots and Trots still haven't noticed the world changing without them.Very sad.If anybody is looking for a holiday,the exchange rate is fantastic for Turkey,25% better than this time last year!

Rodney Thomas

May 2, 2012
Ελλάδα
The answer is the working classes have been hung out to dry by successive centrist policies for the last half century. The EU isn't responsible for that. You've even made the point Cooper is a fault when in power - finally a glimmer that you do know that the EU hasn't had an almighty influence over the fate of our politics.

It is almost ironic, that out of your desire for radicalism, a new party is about to be formed for more centrism. These boards are awash with the sentiment, and yet you are so fixated on Brexit, your political aims never come through, just a continual countering of arguments using your same old bookmarked references. Stick your neck out, paint an optimistic radical evolution of our politics post Brexit and how leaving will facilitate it.

This is exactly what I have been thinking for a while. [MENTION=12825]cunning fergus[/MENTION] is clearly very intelligent and can put across a well reasoned argument but the only problem is that argument is always anti-something. I do not think I have ever seen him agree with anyone on this thread let alone concede that perhaps he doesn't have all the answers. Its a real strange one, I'd like to agree with him on some points but because he never agrees with anyone else it makes it very difficult for me to do so.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Interestingly, we haven't yet given our 1 year notice to leave the EEA.

This doesn't stop Brexit, but it means we will just be breaching the EEA treaty rather than being out of the EEA.

So, if the inevitable *no deal* happens - along with the resultant cataclym - then we don't have to apply to rejoin the EEA in an emergency. We just fix the treaty breakage.

Norway+ in our own gift after the collapse happens.

Legal analysis linked in this thread :

https://twitter.com/AdrianYalland/status/1098265136190709760?s=19

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Interestingly, we haven't yet given our 1 year notice to leave the EEA.

This doesn't stop Brexit, but it means we will just be breaching the EEA treaty rather than being out of the EEA.

So, if the inevitable *no deal* happens - along with the resultant cataclym - then we don't have to apply to rejoin the EEA in an emergency. We just fix the treaty breakage.

Norway+ in our own gift after the collapse happens.

Legal analysis linked in this thread :

https://twitter.com/AdrianYalland/status/1098265136190709760?s=19

you'll be told this is a load of bollocks shortly

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Are you saying it’s bollocks or waiting for someone else to do the hard work to find some pretence to agrue its wrong?

why would i wait for someone else to make an arguement?

i was agreeing with the post, in the past making similar observations i've been told its all settled.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here