Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Palace] #cpfc

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Well it was reported that he was on £160k a week on his Valencia loan. I really cant see he has come to you for the wage you are quoting and be happy to be one of the lowest paid players in the Palace squad, can you?

Maybe Chelsea are paying part of his wages, hence the £1M loan fee

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
That still works out at £131k a week up to the end of the season.

Mindboggling isn't it, the sheer volumes of cash CPFC2010 pour into players pockets. Of course the goonsquad are always ready to refer to the current debt BHA have to TB, without acknowledging that the vast majority of it is made up of the essential investment in our infrastructure. BHA at least has something to show for the money that has been spent - unlike Palace. All they have to show is their millionaire players parading their tacky 'supercars' all over social media, along with vacuous comments about how bloody great God is.

What a club.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
'My Palace & Chelsea sources' :thumbsup: :bowdown:

Ha Ha, I know what you mean that does sound a bit pretentious. When I say "in the know", I bumped into a Chelsea mate I know this morning who seemed to know the ins and outs of everything Chelsea and TBF he does live and breath CFC and does seem to know a lot of what goes on...I am sure you all know that type of fan...anyway he was telling me all about it this morning until I really just wanted to get away from him as he seemed to know a scary amount about all the players and what they all earn and how its made up.

So it could be true or not ?

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
Ha Ha, I know what you mean that does sound a bit pretentious. When I say "in the know", I bumped into a Chelsea mate I know this morning who seemed to know the ins and outs of everything Chelsea and TBF he does live and breath CFC and does seem to know a lot of what goes on...I am sure you all know that type of fan...anyway he was telling me all about it this morning until I really just wanted to get away from him as he seemed to know a scary amount about all the players and what they all earn and how its made up.

The Sun newspaper said you paid a quarter of the £8 million loan fee they wanted from Tottenham,. I don't know what they said about the wages (if anything) but paying £60,000 a week when he was after £160,000 doesn't seem likely, especially taking into account you guys paying £100,000 a week isn't unheard of.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Mindboggling isn't it, the sheer volumes of cash CPFC2010 pour into players pockets. Of course the goonsquad are always ready to refer to the current debt BHA have to TB, without acknowledging that the vast majority of it is made up of the essential investment in our infrastructure. BHA at least has something to show for the money that has been spent - unlike Palace. All they have to show is their millionaire players parading their tacky 'supercars' all over social media, along with vacuous comments about how bloody great God is.

What a club.

And cladding. Don't forget the cladding.

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
I think it's probably closer to 300k a week and a 10 million fee, well it will be by the time this thread is over.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
So how will the Palace forward curse strike Batshuayi? Injury or total loss of goalscoring form? Or both?

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
I think it's probably closer to 300k a week and a 10 million fee, well it will be by the time this thread is over.

No it can stay around the £150k mark that is ridiculous enough. Oh well at least you are getting excellent value for money for all of these players you have on 6 figure weekly salaries must be on for a champions league spot now

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

There’s really no need for us to over-egg it. Even your fans are calling it as ‘only’ £130k/wk cost to Palace.

It’s utterly ridiculous

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I haven’t really followed this but didn’t West Ham turn him down because of his £160 k wage demands?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

How do you know that he isn't just bullshitting....I know a lot of people that think they know a heck of a lot,,,and 90% is just talk/guesswork

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
All of a sudden I don't care about the rest of the season except for one game
I hope we humiliate them with nine men, again.

The last few months on here have been lovely with the cowards refusing to infest our board.

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
There’s really no need for us to over-egg it. Even your fans are calling it as ‘only’ £130k/wk cost to Palace.

It’s utterly ridiculous

All premier league wages are ridiculous. If his goals helped us up a place or two that would cover his wages, whereas guaranteeing survival is even more important and he might help us there. On the other hand he may be a flop, like any signing it's a risk. There is so much money splashing around in the premier league they don't think like normal people though. Then again some supporters might say being 200+ million in debt to your chairman is ridiculous. But you are Brighton and you must not be judged how you judge others. Still it's only us lot who think it I suppose.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
All premier league wages are ridiculous. If his goals helped us up a place or two that would cover his wages, whereas guaranteeing survival is even more important and he might help us there. On the other hand he may be a flop, like any signing it's a risk. There is so much money splashing around in the premier league they don't think like normal people though. Then again some supporters might say being 200+ million in debt to your chairman is ridiculous. But you are Brighton and you must not be judged how you judge others. Still it's only us lot who think it I suppose.

Point missed. It’s your wages to income ratio that’s ridiculous.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton

You still don't get it:rolleyes:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here