Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Liverpool on Saturday

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
although I wont be betting on a Brighton win, there is no better time at all this season to play them.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I’ve no wish to start an argument, but four wins in 28 games is hardly “often”. :)

We didn't do to bad in league and cup in the early eighties ! remember that Goldstone Sunday !

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The Scouse wife and a Liverpool supporting friend are joining me at this game; hope it’s not too big a defeat.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Difficult to argue about a change in formation given the recent success predicated on an advanced Propper but I would really like to see us run at them from wide with AK/March and a nimble front pairing of Andone and the rejuvenated Locadia. Clearly I know nothing and it will be the old Gross/Murray slow as fudge combo back.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
We like to see a lot of the ball, so we'll play deep defence and watch Liverpool pass it around.

CH said some players showed markers vs Bournemouth. Who will make the starting XI?

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Away game stats: https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/1284765/Live/England-Premier-League-2018-2019-Liverpool-Brighton

From memory, Bissouma got caught in possession for their goal by Salah, Robertson got too much room, Firmino was a perennial nuisance and Milner kept hold of the ball and would not give it away. Knocky missed as good chance as Salah scored, and Pascal Groß wasn't good enough with the last minute header, as difficult as the one Mane missed early on. A draw would have been a fair result. Liverpool bossed the first half, but we edged the second.

I thought Bruno and Bong looked very composed and secure in the second half vs Bournemouth.

Last edited:

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Expected Liverpool starting XI;

View attachment 103643

I'm not sure of our team. We have to be wary of their set pieces and Murray usually plays a part in defence. Otherwise I would be tempted to start Locadia and Andone.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
although I wont be betting on a Brighton win, there is no better time at all this season to play them.

I could not resist 11/1. That's two weeks lottery money all in one go. Or 4 matches hatrick tickets.

Cozzy

Jul 26, 2018
Grimsby
Got to be Albions best chance yet of getting a win against a top 6 club ... let Murray bully their CD pairing to soften them up and let Andone finish them off when their heads are down ... got to have a positive feeling about this one even if it is just a missing CD for the Pool

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
I'm sure they'll be putting up the decorations in The Brighton Kop already :sick:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Like we did against Chelsea until it was too late.

Let's hope we've learnt the lesson - fear no one - particularly at home.

Liverpool are a totally different ball-game to Chelsea. Leagues ahead. We could have got something against Chelsea if we had started right, but against Liverpool .................

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Lucky t-shirt washed, ready for #BeatingTeamsLikeLiverpool.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I hope nobody has mentioned our secret weapon.

nudge nudge.gif

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here