Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bottle Top BAN!

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
I have not received the email, or if it has been sent I have not opened it. I have brought a bottle in to the ground with the lid on since the Amex opened never been told I had to remove the lid by any steward.

The email was the first I had heard of not using a bottle top. I bought a drink in WSU since the stadium opened no one ever took the lid off. That’s why the threat in the email was even more annoying, because I have never sneaked a bottle top in to the ground as I never had a need too,

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I have not received the email, or if it has been sent I have not opened it. I have brought a bottle in to the ground with the lid on since the Amex opened never been told I had to remove the lid by any steward.

Indeed. But as of this coming Saturday, it looks like all bottle tops will be removed from drinks bought in the ground.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
If you believe the "matchday experience" has moved on to the equivalent of a theatre ticket, then allow us to bring things in with us accordingly.

I went to a Kate Rusby concert in the Royal Hall, Harrogate just before Christmas. Bottle of water (topped or untopped) were all taken off everyone at the entrance. So, it is just like the theatre. (Mind you, we were allowed to buy beer and take it to our seats.)

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX

You're on thin ice pal.

Such reckless disregard for the rules, I can only imagine what punishment they'll have in store if you keep smuggling these lids in.

I hope for your sake you don't take a flask too.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
When I jump up to celebrate our third goal going in against the Scousers on Saturday, and then look down and realise I have booted my water bottle over, I'm going to be fuming, absolutely fuming I tell you. :D

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
When I jump up to celebrate our third goal going in against the Scousers on Saturday, and then look down and realise I have booted my water bottle over, I'm going to be fuming, absolutely fuming I tell you. :D

It won’t be you who will be fuming if you land on it after knocking it over. it will be the poor person in front that gets the contents sprayed all over them. That’s what happened when they took the lid off the bottle at Swansea away. I thought at the time “what prat thought that was a good idea”

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
It won’t be you who will be fuming if you land on it after knocking it over. it will be the poor person in front that gets the contents sprayed all over them. That’s what happened when they took the lid off the bottle at Swansea away. I thought at the time “what prat thought that was a good idea”

I predict mass flooding in the stands in the near future.
I'm also going to have to master carrying a full bottle of water without a lid up the WSU steps, someone is going to get wet. :)

osgood

Apr 17, 2011
brighton
Indeed. But as of this coming Saturday, it looks like all bottle tops will be removed from drinks bought in the ground.
.....and this will , in turn make service even slower, ...and the queues even lonnngggerrr..................perhaps some just wont even bother anymore , and cost the club at the bar , all this , for a couple of bottles thrown which wouldnt exactly cause a fatality ......

2032. All stadiums in the UK require you to go in completely naked, with no bags, all body hair shaved off (in case you try to lob an eyelash or a handful of pubes), and crisps will be the only food served. However, these will be individual crisps (small ones, with any sharp corners filed down) only. Water shall be served at the kiosks, but in those tiny little paper sauce pots they have in McDonalds.

All fans must make no noise (so as not to annoy the players) but.... sign language 'jazz hands' are allowed if you do it slowly (so as not to startle the players).

:shootself

2032..All fans have deserted all professional football clubs for their dictatorial stance in these matters. The stands are filled with giant monitors with cameras pointing at the pitch. Fans watch the matches from the comfort of their home where they can eat and drink what the heck they like. However SKY WORLD SPORT pay £10bn a year to the EPL for the priveledge and so a sky pass costs fans £500 per year to watch their home games.

driddles

Nov 8, 2003
Ontario, Canada
These threads about flasks and bottle tops being banned have me laughing over here. As a Buffalo Bills STH we lost those privileges ages ago.

To enter the Bills home stadium New Era Field (aka the Ralph, the Rockpile)

The road outside the stadium is protected by military carrying assault rifles.

Every fan must enter through a metal detector. Armed sheriffs are assigned at every entrance along with security to run the screenings.

We cannot bring in:

Weapons (obviously)
Cigarettes
Lighters/Matches
Electronic Cigarettes
Drinks
Backpacks
Women cannot bring in purses
All bags must be clear so security can see the contents

You've still got it pretty easy over there, it's only going to get worse

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
For me, it is all about the language used in these announcements.

So - “we are sorry that this may cause a nuisance to our loyal supporters, but we believe that we have to take this course of action to minimise the risk of....

Officious, threatening, condescending - three words not used in the announcement

Oh, and Paul, it’s stepping UP checks, not stepping checks.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
These threads about flasks and bottle tops being banned have me laughing over here. As a Buffalo Bills STH we lost those privileges ages ago.

To enter the Bills home stadium New Era Field (aka the Ralph, the Rockpile)

The road outside the stadium is protected by military carrying assault rifles.

Every fan must enter through a metal detector. Armed sheriffs are assigned at every entrance along with security to run the screenings.

We cannot bring in:

Weapons (obviously)
Cigarettes
Lighters/Matches
Electronic Cigarettes
Drinks
Backpacks
Women cannot bring in purses
All bags must be clear so security can see the contents

You've still got it pretty easy over there, it's only going to get worse

Not sure you’re aware but over here we don’t all run around with guns which we often use to shoot each other.

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
For me, it is all about the language used in these announcements.
For me too. Nobody should be surprised or stressed about the change in rules as plenty of venues have applied the same rule for ages. While Old Trafford may not, St James Park certainly does.

The tone of this email is unnecessary but is the same as the one suggesting season ticket holders update their contact details to make sure they receive the season ticket renewal.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014

They really are only interested in money. This has nothing to do with safety - it's just another way to add to the bottom line money at the expense of paying customers. It's getting tiresome and it's becoming an increasing trend over the last 6 months from those above.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
They really are only interested in money. This has nothing to do with safety - it's just another way to add to the bottom line money at the expense of paying customers. It's getting tiresome and it's becoming an increasing trend over the last 6 months from those above.

Disagree. But hey, that’s ok, we’re allowed to. I think.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here