Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Where Did We Acquire Scum 'Fans' That Boo The Team Off And Throw Coins At The Opposition?

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
The OP has obviously forgotten the fans booing the players off at half-time against FC United of Manchester at Withdean in November 2010, with Albion top of the table. This was Gus Poyet's response:-

They may get fed up, but I can get fed up too. I was very disappointed with the fans and I invite all of those who booed us at half-time to stay at home, because I don’t want that and I don’t accept it. Proper supporters are the ones who support their team during every single minute of the season, then at the end they can give their verdict. At half-time? With Brighton top of the league and four points clear? That is not respectful – especially towards me. They are not realistic, and it looks to me there are a few fans who think it is easy to play football. …

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Yeo the two things are separate and coin throwers should be banned without question .....but is Tom really doing a bit of a Stat Bro thread here ....

Aw PLEASE! Do anything you like apart from tarring me with the [MENTION=435]Stat Brother[/MENTION] two-mediocre-threads-started-per-day-for-no-good-reason-at-all brush

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
The behaviour at home games now is miles better than the old Goldstone days. Did Michael Robinson ever rebuild his bikes gears.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
The behaviour at home games now is miles better than the old Goldstone days. Did Michael Robinson ever rebuild his bikes gears.

Most blatant example of trying to derailleur thread as you'll ever see :nono:

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
People seem to believe that Brighton only consists of the centre of Brighton, the beach and then suburban "family areas" like Patcham. Whereas in fact Brighton, like any other town in the world also has more than it's fair share of rough estates and other areas. The people that live in these places sometimes go to football matches.

The most irritating people I have ever encountered at Brighton matches were the couple dressed head to to in Barbour that sat behind me for two seasons and relentlessly yelled out in a "FENTON"!! voice "Come on boooys,That's the way boys, that's the way" as if they were watching little Jeremy at his first Rugby match. I suppose they lost interest a I haven't seen them for years.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
People seem to believe that Brighton only consists of the centre of Brighton, the beach and then suburban "family areas" like Patcham. Whereas in fact Brighton, like any other town in the world also has more than it's fair share of rough estates and other areas. The people that live in these places sometimes go to football matches.

The most irritating people I have ever encountered at Brighton matches were the couple dressed head to to in Barbour that sat behind me for two seasons and relentlessly yelled out in a "FENTON"!! voice "Come on boooys,That's the way boys, that's the way" as if they were watching little Jeremy at his first Rugby match. I suppose they lost interest a I haven't seen them for years.

I used to enjoy watching the 'bovver' going on in the North / NE at the Goldstone or down in the SE corner. Some games were so dull it was great to watch the alternative entertainment on show. Small price to pay for the odd coin and don't recall anyone getting seriously injured. All part of the fun and like you say, no Country Casuals. Just Casuals...them were the days!

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

No relation to today's country gent / deputy chairman!

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I used to enjoy watching the 'bovver' going on in the North / NE at the Goldstone or down in the SE corner. Some games were so dull it was great to watch the alternative entertainment on show. Small price to pay for the odd coin and don't recall anyone getting seriously injured. All part of the fun and like you say, no Country Casuals. Just Casuals...them were the days!

Withdean in the Championship were my favourite Brighton days.

I know being in the PL and the stadium and hotels and training ground and community work conference rooms for hire and family tours of the stadium and blah and blah blah blah are vital if we are to survive in the 21st century but I'm sorry, joining the stream of fans walking up London road, getting a half inch deep chicken pie and a brew and walking back into town from Withdean in the drizzle on a Saturday afternoon was magic.
People stayed til the match was over as they realised the world wouldn't tip off it's axis if they didn't catch the very first bus home.
Nobody discussed pies, whether the club remembered their kids birthday etc etc. We cared about staying up.
Still, each person needs to feel special now don't they/ everything has to be an "experience" that the whole family can enjoy, preferably with a gourmet pastry snack and lightening fast service with a smile.

Don't throw coins though, that's a bit prickish.

But also don't cry if someone boo's the team, they're probably in a bad mood because someone gave them a grouse and wildgrass brioche instead of the pulled pork seeded bap with homemade caramelised red onion marmalade and homegrown mustard seeds.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Michael Robinson....now there was a player who would run himself into the ground

He had to stop every 5 minutes to wipe the dead flies off his glasses.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
All Barbers fault, he cancelled the card system where you loaded money on it to buy goods at the Amex forcing fans to bring coins.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
People stayed til the match was over as they realised the world wouldn't tip off it's axis if they didn't catch the very first bus home.

That isn't how I remember it! By the time the full-time whistle was about to blow, there would be more people on the running track than left in the stands, ready for a mad dash to the park-and-ride buses so they wouldn't be left queuing in the rain for 30 minutes.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
That isn't how I remember it! By the time the full-time whistle was about to blow, there would be more people on the running track than left in the stands, ready for a mad dash to the park-and-ride buses so they wouldn't be left queuing in the rain for 30 minutes.

Shhh! Don't you dare destroy my memories.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here