Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Newcastle chronicle

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
With the advantage to us we bottled it by going for cagey draws even after certain promotion. No hard feelings with Newcastle at all from me and we always have a good mannered football match when we play too.

Bloom would probably be more pissed of than us I reckon.

Played for cagey draws, is that right, or just another veiled dig at Chris Hughton being negative?

My recollection of the Bristol City game wasn’t of going for a draw- and neither was the 2 own goal shocker at Norwich?

I think the players were just hungover, mentally and possibly physically after what had gone before...

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
I have a real dislike of them, probably only second to Palace in the PL. The most entitled fans around, see themselves as some sort of sleeping Real Madrid who have no right to be scratching around at the wrong end of the division with the likes of us. And yes I’m still immensely bitter that we handed them the title!

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
Only bit i was miffed about is not seeing us lift the trophy in front of my very own eyes at villa park. And that slimy character Jack Grealish. But no problem with the Geordies at all.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
:lolol: Whats he on about, daft fellow.

I know a few Newcastle fans and they couldn’t care less about us other than that we tend to do well against them, move along faux ‘rivalry’ or ‘bitterness’ never existed.
Faux rivalry?

But ... but . but ... but . it's the unique A23-M23-M25-M1-A1 derby!

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
We were more pissed off than the squad and that showed by the way they played, job done and on the beach, not interested in position, just promotion.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
NEWCASTLE CHRONICLE

Captain Jamaal Lascelles believes Brighton hold a "bitterness" against Newcastle United for the way the Magpies pipped them to the Championship title.

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/spo...-lascelles-brighton-newcastle-united-16941453

Really do we?

Was gutted at the time, well & truly over that. Enjoy beating them for some reason maybe it's because they are such a huge club :laugh:

We gave them the title but we did beat them to the sunbeds, so meh, unbothered in that respect.

Love beating them because it's like winning the league, FA Cup and Champions League all in one because they are so HUGE.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Wow, what a weird article, I never realised they had a 'thing' for us, I wouldn't have thought we even remotely registered on their 'rivals' radar. Sign o' the times though, a few years ago if we had a rivalry with anyone in that neck of the woods it would have been Hartlepool.

Like others I harbour no bitterness towards Newcastle whatsoever. I was mildly pissed off (for about five minutes) that we didn't clinch the Championship title, but promotion was the only goal; the title would just have been the sprinkles on the cherry on the icing on the cake.

I wonder if the Newcastle fans share his view?

I remember standing in the train queues last season after the game at the Amex and some Geordies wandered past chanting "Championes, Championes". We just looked in them at confusion.

Struggling to think of many things I give less of a shit about.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Andy Carrol expected to get time tomorrow

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
I presume there will be Newcastle fans reading this (I certainly always go on the other club's forum before a match). As I hope this thread demonstrates there is no bitterness towards NUFC taking the Championship trophy. Annoyance at our own team for not pushing on after promotion yes, but we all know following a football team gives you a regular kick in the knackers.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Andy Carrol expected to get time tomorrow

You just know it, don't you? - you know, the excruciating last min winner... from the big man playing back at his spiritual home whilst our players lie scattered around the pitch like someones just shouted ... "ANDY'S COMIING..."

Nice guy GP does the press and says all the right things, yet with all the conviction of a struggling 1980s estate agent who just isn't making enough commission.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
If we needed those points for promotion and not the championship title, we’d have got them - 100%. It shouldn’t happen but it does - players switch off and yes went on the piss celebrating a fair bit. It doesn’t really matter. And if Newcastle’s captain is thinking like that I’d be worried if I was them as it shouldn’t mean a huge amount to a big club like that whether they went up first or second!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
You just know it, don't you? - you know, the excruciating last min winner... from the big man playing back at his spiritual home whilst our players lie scattered around the pitch like someones just shouted ... "ANDY'S COMIING..."

Nice guy GP does the press and says all the right things, yet with all the conviction of a struggling 1980s estate agent who just isn't making enough commission.

Local game for you, enjoy!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here