Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Andone interview in the Athletic

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Our 3 strikers this season might be a different style than before, but they score goals. We don't need like for like replacements especially when a new manager comes in. I'm sure the team is adaptable style wise and isn't that meant to be the top thing about Potter anyway?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Our 3 strikers this season might be a different style than before, but they score goals. We don't need like for like replacements especially when a new manager comes in. I'm sure the team is adaptable style wise and isn't that meant to be the top thing about Potter anyway?

Considering at least Murray and Maupay seemingly never get injured I think people are a bit overly worried about the number of attacking players; sure, optimally there should be one more attacking player, but its far from bad as it is.

Quality wise.... might be a bit more reason to worry. I know I swear in church now, but the initial matches have sort of brought up the question "is Glenn Murray a Premier League level player in 2019?"

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Considering at least Murray and Maupay seemingly never get injured I think people are a bit overly worried about the number of attacking players; sure, optimally there should be one more attacking player, but its far from bad as it is.

Quality wise.... might be a bit more reason to worry. I know I swear in church now, but the initial matches have sort of brought up the question "is Glenn Murray a Premier League level player in 2019?"

No.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I wouldn't - our 'stiffs' seem to be a highly motivated bunch of talented young players - wouldn't let him and his attitude near them. Loan him to Whitehawk or something.

Now you're talking, we're have him at Arundel, there's a couple of sheds need painting and some grass cutting

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
Agreed, as it would seem Ali J is only still with us by default - that being that no other club wanted him.

Add to that list: Suttner, The Greyhound (innumerate) development squad fullbacks since departed... I suspect the original recruitment team are trading off Gross and Ryan... even Bissouma is proving costly vs tangible delivery, izquierdo too - initial impact followed by a season out and unfit now dragging on into a second.

Ultimately are PL status has been held together by our Championship core, now ageing and/or retired, and/or out of favour, form and/or steadily declining into abject mediocrity.

Big season for Bissouma- if we’re honest he hasn’t done a huge amount yet.
No idea what his best position is or how he fits in to the current formation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Big season for Bissouma- if we’re honest he hasn’t done a huge amount yet.
No idea what his best position is or how he fits in to the current formation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bloody exciting player. I think he’ll be immense under Potter, but then I think El Galgo will be back in the team thrilling us too. I guess I just like flair players :shrug:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Unless I missed it skimming through this thread, the people who said he may have been unfortunate last season seem to have forgotten that he was given his chance.

Another stupid sending off after the West Brom cup game meant he missed three matches where he could have staked his claim and his chance was lost.

Exactly, whenever he seemed to get that chance for consecutive starts, he either got sent off or turned in a lack lustre display. He and Jahanbakhsh had a huge number of chances to impress last season. I don't buy it was all down to CH's tactics, if they'd been better we would have been able to attack more. Proof is in the pudding that a new manager with a different mindset thinks exactly the same as the last.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Bernardo doesn’t want him back either :wink:

Andone is a ****. We have a new manager who played him in the first two matches, one as a scoring sub and the other where he got himself sent off. How did he work out he deserved to play more when everything had changed from last season anyway :shrug:

So sad, l really liked the guy and thought that this was going to be the season he broke through, new manager, new ideas, everyone starting with a clean slate etc. etc.

He really does seem to have shot himself in the foot with those comments, and one thing is for sure, if he doesn't want us then we certainly don't want him. Never keep an unhappy player, and bad for dressing room morale anyway.,

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Bloody exciting player. I think he’ll be immense under Potter, but then I think El Galgo will be back in the team thrilling us too. I guess I just like flair players :shrug:

Definitely seems to be a bit of PR surrounding El Galgo and his comeback. Would love to see a bit more of the player that fronted up in the game against Chelsea....with 3 CBs his suspect defending at times might be outweighed by what else he offers................

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I seem to remember we once kept a moody young player who wasn't at all happy to be in Brighton after moving from Rochdale .....................

With a manager who fecking hated him and didn’t want him. Not the same

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Exactly, whenever he seemed to get that chance for consecutive starts, he either got sent off or turned in a lack lustre display. He and Jahanbakhsh had a huge number of chances to impress last season. I don't buy it was all down to CH's tactics, if they'd been better we would have been able to attack more. Proof is in the pudding that a new manager with a different mindset thinks exactly the same as the last.

The only way to find this out though was to get a new manager.

SussexSeahawk

Jun 2, 2016
Personally I think fans take comments like this a bit personally. People on here are more than happy to slate a player when they don't play well but when a player doesn't feel like they've been given a fair shake by the club, the player for some reason is meant to be all contrite and just placate the fans by saying what a great club it is.

I think Andone was a bit unlucky in terms of minutes: I consistently felt we looked better in games when he came on and he never got the same amount of faith placed in him as Murray. Clearly he made errors and maybe like Hemed the year before an untimely suspension didn't help his cause.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Screenshot_20191021-194103_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20191021-194124_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20191021-194138_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20191021-194153_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20191021-194212_Chrome.jpg
https://as.com/futbol/2019/10/21/champions/1571618774_225965.html

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Headline. Andone denies he doesn't want to come back

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Well it seems he doesn't completely want to burn bridges.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here