Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Andone interview in the Athletic

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
It’s definitely a “when”. Doing as well as or worse than Hughton is not acceptable. Taking us to the next level opens up big jobs in Europe or internationally IMHO.

We’ve had manager bitches before on here but [MENTION=30752]NooBHA[/MENTION] had the grace to hang around for a while after CH went and furnished the board with well informed posts. Consider the bar set.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think unless he gets sacked its gonna take a really long time and something extremely special for him to move his family again, which he has already apologized twice for. He said no to WBA while in ÖFK, and I am 99% certain he would still be in Swansea if the owners cared about the club and if he wasnt straight out lied to when he got the job. If things are developing well, which I very much hope, I could easily see him staying for 5+ years.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
....but then if nobody wanted DJ S and Mr A *during* the window (perhaps because they were sh1t) so the plan was to hang on to them umtil Jan, but along comes Mug FC and FC OtherMug who say, "we'll have and pay for those sh1t players you've got, here's some cash".

Time for a call... Two players we don't want, who are sh1t but we couldn't unload or afford to just ignore, can go but we can't replace them... But we didn't want them anyone so we let them go and aren't really any worse off.

My point I suppose is that as supporters we generally judge on ability. Knockaert & Andone are clearly not in the bottom 3 in that regard. We then question why they've gone. I can understand that much better now I've read the interview. Andone had bell end tenancies. Now it's confirmed. Jury still out on Knockaert and he's STILL my 8 year old lads favourite player.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
As I’ve said a few times he’s a red card waiting to happen on the pitch.

Given the jealousy of Murray that drips from that interview I’d be amazed if he was ice cool in training - and, if he was, that’s possibly even more psycho.

I’m sure I read on here that Murray has him by the throat after a particularly ott challenge in training. Possibly got that wrong.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I’m sure I read on here that Murray has him by the throat after a particularly ott challenge in training. Possibly got that wrong.

Did he try to ruffle our Glenn's hair?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
It’s definitely a “when”. Doing as well as or worse than Hughton is not acceptable. Taking us to the next level opens up big jobs in Europe or internationally IMHO.

We’ve had manager bitches before on here but [MENTION=30752]NooBHA[/MENTION] had the grace to hang around for a while after CH went and furnished the board with well informed posts. Consider the bar set.

[MENTION=30752]NooBHA[/MENTION] has been a very welcome addition to NSC. Good to see he’s still here and although an ardent CH fan (and mate maybe?) he is no sycophant. Tough act to follow for Swansman

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
I can only hope someone does the challenge he did for the soton game on him in turkey and it breaks his leg in half.

An absolute idiot. Fortunately we didn’t pay much for him unlike ali j or locadia debacle.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015

Not sure whether to be chuffed about the compliment or offended by the language used. Although I will concede. You were not the one who initiated the offensive " Terminology "

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
But neither like for like and neither able to replace GM.

Since we’re playing under a different manager with a different system and since Murray is older than you in footballing terms, why is either a requirement?

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Been thinking about this now... you know what.. I feel like a dirty little whore but I do care more about Brighton than Swansea now. But I'm still Potter's bitch. When (if?) he goes, I go as well.

My god what a silly choice of words to use whe making personal reference to yourself

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Not sure whether to be chuffed about the compliment or offended by the language used. Although I will concede. You were not the one who initiated the offensive " Terminology "

An ironic post back using his own language.

Your contributions on here have been greatly appreciated. Nonetheless, it informs debate to understand if someone is a fan of the team, manager or player (c.f. thousands of irritating Iranians on social media who don’t understand that Jahanbakhsh is well below the required standards).

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I think we should recall him in January, not sell him, and have him rot in his apartment until his contract ends in 2023. Sure, he will still make money, but that would end him as a footballer and that would excellent since people like him dont deserve to be professional footballers.

So you suggest we just pay him around £7M to live the high life and do f*** all, and then let4 him go for nowt at the end of his contract. Wow! That's all, just wow!
:facepalm:

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
My god what a silly choice of words to use whe making personal reference to yourself

Nah not really, sometimes I'm godlike, sometimes a little potterbitch, usually something in between. I dont feel bad about myself so I can consider looking at myself in 3D now and then and find something a bit silly.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
But neither like for like and neither able to replace GM.

That's perfectly alright then. We've replaced Locadia and Andone, and we've still got GM. We will have to replace him next season, I guess, but only if Potter wants to play with a GM type CF. There are other formations and tactics available........................

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
[MENTION=30752]NooBHA[/MENTION] has been a very welcome addition to NSC. Good to see he’s still here and although an ardent CH fan (and mate maybe?) he is no sycophant. Tough act to follow for Swansman

Thank you. I have enjoyed the journey in watching Chris transform Brighton. The players I watched in the beginning couldn't kick doors at Halloween to see the enhanced standard of players by the time he left was nothing short of phenomenal. A testament to how good a job he did.

You are correct. I am no "sycophant" I have my own "status" within my own field of work. It's just a different field of work.

Potter won't ever make the same process as Chris did. The jump from lower PL to mid and upper PL is far more difficult. Just look at the amount of players who came in to the club since being in the PL and who have already been offloaded. There has been about 12 of them at least in a 24 month period.

If Graham Potter takes Brighton consistently to mid table playing attacking football I will tip my hat to him but it isn't easy to do.

It would be good to see Chris' legacy improved on but I fear the players may not be there to do that. Not yet anyhow.

I look at how good a footballer both Trossard and Bissouma are; however, both are as much of a liability defensively as they are an asset driving forward

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here