Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] Merry Christmas everyone!

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
Is this Iphone11 5G ready ? Can't tell from reports.

Just checked and it's not 5G. They will lose out to the early 5G adopters surely as it and phones are available already.

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
If Apple don’t come up with a small phone like an SE, they’ll lose my business when I need a new phone. I think there must be a decent demand for a small phone surely

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
If Apple don’t come up with a small phone like an SE, they’ll lose my business when I need a new phone. I think there must be a decent demand for a small phone surely

This do you? Very easy to store, I understand.

pri_62242100-e1512562961914.jpg

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Ordered a Pro. You in yet, [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION]?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Been on the brink for a while but this feature finally swayed me...

http://austinmann.com/trek/iphone-11-pro-review-china

Got it yet?

Anyone else got one?

Picked up a Pro Max yesterday. Popped into the Brighton Apple Store as I was close by and they had the model I would choose if I was buying one - Pro Max 256gb in silver.

I say "would choose" because I'm still not convinced I want it, hence it's still sitting in the box unopened.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Got it yet?

Anyone else got one?

Picked up a Pro Max yesterday. Popped into the Brighton Apple Store as I was close by and they had the model I would choose if I was buying one - Pro Max 256gb in silver.

I say "would choose" because I'm still not convinced I want it, hence it's still sitting in the box unopened.

£1,300?

:ffsparr:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Yes. It's a lot isn't it.

I've done the same each of the last two year's - got it home, reflected on just how much money it is and then taken it back again.

The other thing niggling at me is next year's iPhone is expected to be the first big revision in styling etc since the X was released in 2017, and that will have serious "want one" about it.

But my iPhone 7 Plius is just starting to feel its age to me - slightly slow with revised iOS and the battery life is noticeably weaker now. The 11 Pro Max has monster battery life on it. A year feels a long time to wait.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Got it yet?
Anyone else got one?

Yep. It's definitely nippier. Battery life great. Camera MUCH better, of course.

Wouldn't say it's life changing, though. I'm not really excited by it. (Maybe a new photo never will?)

I bought a Pro, btw. Part of my thinks I should have gone with the Max, but small body better in pocket - and still a bigger screen than the 7 Plus.

Love the face recognition (to unlock). Weird not having a home button but getting there...

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
This is the first year since the iPhone 6s that I haven't upgraded. I have the iPhone Xs, and the 11 really doesn't do enough to warrant a further splurge. I shall keep this one and see about the new form factor next year.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here