Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Maty Ryan - analysis & discussion

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I thought he was off his line for at least one if not two of the goals yesterday when he would have been better positioned on it. Quality finishes from City though.

Didn’t get chipped though.

I thought his positioning was fine.

Sometimes you have to acknowledge quality finishing, Aguero took his goals really well.

The first was down to Propper, fourth Montoya, you could also argue Burn’s role in the second as his body shape was all wrong, but I really didn’t feel Ryan was culpable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Not sure Ryan can be blamed for any of yesterday’s goals, although haven’t seen them back yet. In all my time of following Brighton, Ryan is the keeper that I’ve had the most confidence in, even when coming for crosses despite him not being the tallest of keepers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Oh look another game another one shot on target and annnnnnother goal.

unsaveable again ?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Mexican Seagull

Jan 16, 2013
Mexico City
Was moving away from Ryan & right in bottom corner can't think of any goalie who would have got that one...

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
I’d expect a PL keeper to get close to a pop shot from 25 yards
Yep. There's a reason he never got a game for Valencia he ain't good enough. It's doesn't cost much to get a half decent keeper. We need it in Jan.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
Knockaert's gone, sure, but perhaps, just maybe, we've found our new scapegoat.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Was moving away from Ryan & right in bottom corner can't think of any goalie who would have got that one...

This is very reminiscent of Stockdale’s first few games when every shot ended up the back of the net. We are back there again. We have seen that Ryan is a good keeper over the last couple of years, just not happening for him and we are suffering big time because of it.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
This is very reminiscent of Stockdale’s first few games when every shot ended up the back of the net. We are back there again. We have seen that Ryan is a good keeper over the last couple of years, just not happening for him and we are suffering big time because of it.
He has been absolutely pitiful since he came back from Asia cup. It's really annoying we have no decent back up.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Nah. Some of the best keepers in the might have stopped it yes, but you cant expect anyone to save that.

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016
Murray had a similar strike in the first half which Pope saved comfortably

Sent from my MI 6 using Tapatalk

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Murray had a similar strike in the first half which Pope saved comfortably

Sent from my MI 6 using Tapatalk

Murray did well to cushion the cross and get it on target. Hendricks caught it beautifully. Ryan has no chance given his height/reach

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Ryan has no serious pressure on his place. He's not had a good 2019

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
It feels like any goal we conceded is deemed unsavable. How unlucky must we be.

I can't remember any save Ryan has made that we look at and say 'how did he save that?!' His saves tend to be the routine sort. Maybe some need a bit of smart play (e.g. not going to ground too soon, diving the right way) but none really that make you go 'wow'. Yet we often seem to come up against keepers making those sorts of saves.

Having said that, today's goal, while from that distance I'd expect better from the keeper, I blame more on the outfield players. It was too easy for Burnley to move the ball from the half way line to the edge of our box and get the shot away.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here