Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Southampton *** Official Match Thread ***

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
And Montoya gets beaten soooo easily by Boufal who's hardly quick or a world beater. Think this shows that Saints will finish above us (yes red card, yes we've played well but they've gone into their shell) but we've a good chance of finishing above the three promoted, Watford and Palace. Performances have been good. Like the way we can get forward by passing it.

Are you for real? We totally dominated them with ten men. Saints look in big trouble to me. Also you have forgotten Newcastle who are beyond ****ed the whole time they have Bruce in charge.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
How did Burn get MoTM? Was bad today

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

300px-U_Wot_M8_Original.jpg

He's going to get Player of the Season at this rate!

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Both goals were soft. Duffy swinging his leg and kicking nothing but air for the first and Pascal not paying attention from a throw for the second. Tired legs and minds but disappointing that we were our own worst enemy today.

That's the perfect phrase for today. We were our own worst enemies.

I'd add to Duffy swiping at air that I think we had two other opportunities to take out the player with the ball before he got to duffy. I've not seen a replay of that bit so i might be wrong. I think whoever it was that originally lost the ball(Burn?) had the chance to trip the saints player, then 15 yards further up the pitch someone else(Dunk?) had the chance to clean him out before it got to duffy who really, really should have taken man, ball, pitch and everything else and accepted the yellow.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patreon
Oct 17, 2008
Locadia has gotten very lucky tonight. Andone’s stupidity has saved him from being the fan’s target.

He looks overweight, appeared to be sucking air after only a few minutes on the pitch. Missed an absolute sitter. Lost the ball repeatedly. The worst centre forward appearance at the Amex since Leon Best.

If we could get back £4-5 million of what we paid I think we should take it. I can see the guy going to China or America or something and lumbering around for big money. Never a premier league footballer even with a low end side like us

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
The main question from this match for me is should we have played for the draw after Andone was sent off, as we would have done last season, or played on for the win as we did today?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
The main question from this match for me is should we have played for the draw after Andone was sent off, as we would have done last season, or played on for the win as we did today?

Can't compare. Last season our 'goal' would probably have stood!

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Are you still here?

Thought you had gone skipping off with NOOBHA.

Don't bring me into other people's arguments. I thought it was a very good performance despite the scoreline. Lots of positives. Although I did say on another thread that Andone would be suspended within 6 matches. He has actually managed it in 3 games.

Playing as well as that will yield points in the future. So many matches in the next half dozen games will yield goals and I think this style of play is tailor made if you can get in front and make teams open up and then hit them on the counter attack

D

Deleted member 2719

Don't bring me into other people's arguments. I thought it was a very good performance despite the scoreline. Lots of positives. Although I did say on another thread that Andone would be suspended within 6 matches. He has actually managed it in 3 games.

Playing as well as that will yield points in the future. So many matches in the next half dozen games will yield goals and I think this style of play is tailor made if you can get in front and make teams open up and then hit them on the counter attack

Fair play.

I thought we had lost you too.

I know he has a spark and I hope Potter can control him and get the best from him, maybe it might have to be from the bench once he gets back, probably blown half his season.
I agree the counter-attack is rapid and exciting, I just like the fact he is open to trying to win it full-on even with 10 men.

When playing City I will be happy for him not to be too progressive though!

Do you think Connelly may get a showing now???

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Locadia has gotten very lucky tonight. Andone’s stupidity has saved him from being the fan’s target.

He looks overweight, appeared to be sucking air after only a few minutes on the pitch. Missed an absolute sitter. Lost the ball repeatedly. The worst centre forward appearance at the Amex since Leon Best.

If we could get back £4-5 million of what we paid I think we should take it. I can see the guy going to China or America or something and lumbering around for big money. Never a premier league footballer even with a low end side like us

I disagree, he shades Akpom and Obika. £14m lump.

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
Are you for real? We totally dominated them with ten men. Saints look in big trouble to me. Also you have forgotten Newcastle who are beyond ****ed the whole time they have Bruce in charge.

*checks* yes I can confirm that I am real. We were better but can't say we 'totally dominated'. Load of rubbish. Saints aren't great but in Redmond they have the best player between the two teams imo. Oh yes forgot about Newcastle. They are not beyond ****ed imo (he'll get them going to some extent and not confident we'll beat them in a few weeks) but another team in confident we'll finish above. So that's 6 teams. Felt we'd lose today. 1 point from 2 is not great at home but sure that'll improve.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here