Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Aaron Mooy *** SIGNED on ONE YEAR LOAN DEAL ***

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Lets get this done early, then we can order lots of 'O's for the club shop for the '4 letter cheapskates' to put on their shirts...

Got any Os?

306719_1.jpg

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Out of our current ACM/no.10's (Propper & Gross), it'll be interesting to see whose place Mooy takes.
Presumably one of the '2' in a 4-2-3-1, or one of the 'Central 2 of 4' in a 3-4-3.

Which would seem to be 1 of Pröpper or Stephens.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Yep, all a bit unnecessary. Mooy is a very good addition to the squad...........don't see him immediately displacing what we have.

Me neither, my immediate response was that I'm glad it is only a loan as he's a bit old to be forking out millions on, and that he's probably a decent back up to... Stephens.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Mooy + Ryan = way more coverage for Brighton here in Australia. This works for me.

Add to that, that I think he is a quality player I think the move is a good one.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
**** me, I'm usually sanguine about all this stuff - but the constant upgrade on Stephens bollocks is grinding my gears.

180 games for the club and 75 in the PL. Give the bloke a chance to play under a more attacking coach.

getting embarrassing isn't it.

Stephens wont just be tossed aside , squad game , especially for multiple formations.

Stephens is still decent and proven prem player

People just follow the herd

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
A quick scan of social media reveals quite a few Burnley fans who are quite annoyed that they haven’t been in for Mooy. This pleases me.

I'd be concerned if I were a Burnley fan. Wouldn't be surprised to see the likes of Drinkwater / Simpson / Sturridge / Carroll plying their trade at Turf Moor soon.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Good deal. Saw the highlights of Huddersfield's opening fixture. Mooy drilled a shot from outside the box inches wide of the beaten Derby keeper.

Certainly a midfielder that isn't shy in getting strikes in on goal. Seem to remember him getting a couple of goals away at Wolves last season. At least one was a powerful free-kick.
Seven goals in 65 in the PL. Hmmm ................. not that prolific, eh?

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
**** me, I'm usually sanguine about all this stuff - but the constant upgrade on Stephens bollocks is grinding my gears.

180 games for the club and 75 in the PL. Give the bloke a chance to play under a more attacking coach.

To be fair we were much more attacking in the championship. I really, really like Stephens but he isn’t ever going to be much of a goalscorer.

borat

Jul 16, 2003
Would play him ahead of Stephens. Looks a better passer and knits the play together.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Absolutely fab signing, Big upgrade on Kayal, will slot in to Stephens/Propper rotation.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Seven goals in 65 in the PL. Hmmm ................. not that prolific, eh?

How does that compare to our current CM's? or CAM's? I don't think Stephens or Propper have many?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Adds a bit of strength in depth in the middle, its a yes from me.

How do you say Mooy. Is it 'Moy' or 'Moo-ee' ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here