Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Ben White Signs new deal

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
If anyone wants to see how far along we have come as a club, forget Colin Hawkins, forget Richard Tiltman, forget Mark Farrington, forget Ricardo Gabbiadini.... the worlds biggest club’s man of the match was a loan for player for l’il old us.

I remember seeing that debacle of a performance from Glen Thomas at Brentford. Now we have:

- Shane Duffy
- Lewis Dunk
- Dan Burn
- Adam Webster
- Matt Clarke
- Leon Balogun
- Ben White

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom
Hell, why can't we ever sign someone who comes in and makes that sort of instant impact (with apologies to Wardy, who did of course)?

Maheta Molango?
Paul Moulden?
Steve Cotterill?
Darren Freeman?
Abdul Razak?

Instant impacts aren’t always what you need...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom
Fairy nuff. I think we are making very different points though!

Possibly, my point was just that an instant impact isn’t what we want or need, it’s a lasting impact... think in the current team of Ryan, Propper, Duffy, Bernardo - all had poor debuts but have had lasting impact since

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Imagine a peasant plastic club like us who don’t belong in the premier league loaning one of our youngsters out and him stepping straight into the MIGHTY Leeds side and excelling. HA HA, Good luck to the lad, hope he continues to play well. Not too well though...

https://www-leeds--live-co-uk.cdn.a...united/leeds-united-ben-white-report-16698414

0_JS189379232.jpg
(Image: Ian Cook/CameraSport)

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
20 people were killed in El Paso this weekend by a white supremacist terrorist.

And your solution to scourge of white supremacists in America is to get on your high horse about people making jokes at the expense of Leeds United fans? Nice one?

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Yesterday he looked every bit as good as Dunk did playing in the Championship.

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
Yesterday he looked every bit as good as Dunk did playing in the Championship.

I don’t want to get carried away but he actually looked vastly superior in some areas. Incredible composure and his first touch gave him so many options on the ball. Seemed to read the game and snuff out developing threats in a way you’d expect from a far more experienced player. Plenty more testing games to come and will enjoy watching him gain experience under a manager who should have a great impact on his development.

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
He’s looking very promising. The big test will be to see how he copes against the hoof it high into the box teams, whether his positioning and anticipation can make up for being a little shorter than most CBs.

Spacegull

Sehr Kosmiche.
Feb 22, 2009
High Weald
I don’t want to get carried away but he actually looked vastly superior in some areas. Incredible composure and his first touch gave him so many options on the ball. Seemed to read the game and snuff out developing threats in a way you’d expect from a far more experienced player. Plenty more testing games to come and will enjoy watching him gain experience under a manager who should have a great impact on his development.

Exactly. He was like an error free Dunk.
IF he can consistently maintain performances like that over the season, expect a silly prices bidding war for his services next year.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Remember when Abdul Razak looked like we’d signed prime Yaya Toure? One championship game, ONE.

‘Better than Dunk was in the championship’

:lolol: :facepalm:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here