[Albion] Hughton In or Out? Post Cardiff vote

In or Out?

• In

Votes: 209 37.3%
  • Out

Votes: 351 62.7%

• Total voters

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
I think we should approach Rafa Benitez, who is out of contract this summer, and tell him he can have whatever he wants and free reign over transfers.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
OUT. Have been for weeks but its coming home to roost now. The drinking culture, the complacency, the tactics, the team selection, the Melchett approach, like for like subs on 70th min, lets continually try the far post corner routine because you know it worked a couple of times and so lets keep doing it even tho teams have wised up now. I could go on. Go and go NOW.

Haven't seen this mentioned yet, was getting so frustrated by the same corners coming in every time.

You see opposition sides try different things, even feckin Cardiff under Warnock had a few ideas, one corner routine in particular when they managed to pass us on the east byline. Bournemouth had a few too, almost scored because we weren't ready with their free kick deception of one player places the ball down as another immediately crosses.

It just sums us up, completely devoid of ideas.

Cozzy

Jul 26, 2018
Grimsby
Have not change my mind .... CH still IN but only to end of season as I just cant see anyone else able to do any better with the current squad in its current form & mentality.

Replacement for next season .... hmmmmm

how about the dream team of Bruno & Caulderon as a partnership management duo

second choice would be Gareth Southgate but he wont do it now as he would expect a top 6 job

third choice would be someone I dont actually like but he would do a good job Rafa Benitez though I doubt very much he would want the job

and as a last pick how about Nathan Jones with Liam Rosenior as assistant if Stoke would let him go cheap enough.

Last edited:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Has he gone yet?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Dyche got Burnley relegated. They stuck with him, won the Championship, and then in 2 years they finished 7th in the PL.

We're having a bad patch, as Burnley will have done to get relegated. That's football, and it doesn't mean a decent manager suddenly became a bad one.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
OUT. Have been for weeks but its coming home to roost now. The drinking culture, the complacency, the tactics, the team selection, the Melchett approach, like for like subs on 70th min
I'm not disagreeing with everything you say, but yesterday Andone came on for Gross after 54 minutes, meaning we went 2 up front (as the fans wanted), so it wasn't like for like.

theboybilly

Out.
But in the Summer.

I too am voting in. It doesn't matter now if he stays until the end of the season - Paul Trollope would probably step in temporarily and he is of the same mindset. I'd like to see CH stay in an upstairs post but please can we have a manager that can put a smile back on our faces please?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Another thing I don't get and angers me is 5 of the 19 other teams were part of the Championship where we got promoted playing 4-4-2 with Baldock/Murray up top. We've upgraded Baldock to Andone so when we're at home against these teams, why aren't we playing with 2 up top? It worked in the championship! I understand playing 1 up top away from home but at home? Come on!

Agreed on this. We could be playing against the same team, but because it's in the Prem, that immediately means Hughton has to go more cautious for some reason. We shouldn't fear the bottom 8-10 teams in this division. We should attack them the way we did the top half sides in the Championship. Are the likes of Huddersfield, Fulham and Cardiff really better than Leeds, Norwich, even Villa? (The answer is no).

super-seagulls

Soup! Why didn’t I get any Soup?
Feb 1, 2011
Probably working!
Voted in. Not because I think he will keep us up, just that it is too close to end of season, and the teams we have to play, we could have Pep as our manager, but it won't change the results against Arsenal (playing for the 4th spot), Tottingham (playing for that 4th spot), Man City (playing for that elusive Quad).

Ask again at end of season. If relegated, stick with him - no-one better. If stay up, maybe decision time, cause if we stay, we maybe dead Huddersfield walking, and that could be a grim season.

This is the problem, if he thinks he’ll keep his job if we go down, but would be replaced if he keeps us up, exactly what motivation has he got for success, it is for this reason that we must say goodbye now.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I'm not disagreeing with everything you say, but yesterday Andone came on for Gross after 54 minutes, meaning we went 2 up front (as the fans wanted), so it wasn't like for like.

Well done, taking yesterdays example instead of the season where it has UNDENIABLY been like for like in or around the 70th min. Injuries notwithstanding.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Well done
Thank you.
taking yesterdays example instead of the season where it has UNDENIABLY been like for like in or around the 70th min.
Yes I know that's what it's usually like. He has his formation, and likes to stick with it. And it worked early season. More recently, has the failure been due to the change in formation we saw at the beginning of the year, or players under-performing, or opponents over-performing, or luck, or ref's decisions, or Chris not changing the formation after 60 minutes, or a combination of all that?

I was just pointing out that he did change the tactics yesterday, and that didn't work. You're suggesting that's the cause of our poor performances, and I'm not so sure it is.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
After last night's performance I've switched from 'Hughton In' to 'Hughton Out'.

We were comfortable at New Year on 25 points from 20 matches but 8 from the next 13 is shocking, including an ugly win over Hudds and a lucky win over Palace in which Knocky should have been red-carded in the first minute.

I don't think the players are enjoying playing Hughton's style and it seems as though the defensive mindset is turning every match into a grind. The players are battle-fatigued and have downed their weapons and surrendered.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
It looks like Bloom is going double or nothing on CH turning around this rotten to the core playing squad. I think one win does it, I don't think CH get us it. CH OUT for me, clearly CH IN for TB. It is what it is.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
After last night's performance I've switched from 'Hughton In' to 'Hughton Out'.

We were comfortable at New Year on 25 points from 20 matches but 8 from the next 13 is shocking, including an ugly win over Hudds and a lucky win over Palace in which Knocky should have been red-carded in the first minute.

I don't think the players are enjoying playing Hughton's style and it seems as though the defensive mindset is turning every match into a grind. The players are battle-fatigued and have downed their weapons and surrendered.

This, apart from the 'switched after last nights performance' bit. I switched after the B'muff debacle.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
It looks like Bloom is going double or nothing on CH turning around this rotten to the core playing squad. I think one win does it, I don't think CH get us it. CH OUT for me, clearly CH IN for TB. It is what it is.

That’s fine by me - it’s TB’s money that is at risk not mine.

I’ll continue to watch and support the team whatever the makeup of that team and the league they’re playing in.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here