[Help] In the Royal Sussex County hospital

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Great news. Now can we get back to tonight’s match

So pleased for you

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Good news. Now make sure you do rest even when you start to feel better. Antibiotics are good, but rest is essential too.

I hope the Albion win for you tonight.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Very pleased for you. Been offline for a while so only just spotted the thread....which I started to read with trepidation. Not only is the news a massive relief, the thread hasn't been trolled either.

Keep us informed how it goes. All the best :thumbsup:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
And that's one of the best things in the world - watching the Seagulls on BBC without having to go out in freezing temperatures! :)

Need to find the thread on giving up smoking. :) Glad to hear you've been discharged. If you do end up needing an endoscopy for them to take a look down your wind pipe, it's not as bad as you think, I've had it done twice with just the throat spray, mine turned out to be a minor tear in the esophagus that caused a bit of bleeding, ending up healing itself, so wasn't anything to worry about in the end.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
I went to the doctors a few years ago after feeling really rough for a couple of days. Within the hour, I was in RSCH high dependancy, linked up to various bleeping machines. Turns out I had a bad case of Pneumonia but a really frightening experience for someone who had managed to get past 50 without ever having to go beyond A&E for a few stitches.

It was only when I was there that you really get to appreciate how good the people in the NHS are. These people aren't only incredibly bright and skilled, but the whole team from the top consultants through to the cleaners are so dedicated. You're in the best place and those guys will make sure you get the best treatment possible.

Stay strong.

This. Only in my case I spent three months in ITU and HDU in Worthing General...there were times when I was told I may not pull though but I did. That was Oct 17 to Jan 18. Last year since Oct 18 I've had three further admissions with respiratory and heart problems. I'd only spent two nights in hospital prior to then for post operation observation. This past 15 months has been an experience to say the least but I have nothing but great admiration for the staff who look after the sick and elderly on a daily basis. I'm currently awaiting a cardioverson on Monday morning and thereafter a cardiac ablation which hopefully will put my heart into a regular normal rythmn.

Hoping [MENTION=14168]Durlston[/MENTION] makes a speedy recovery and that your prognosis is good.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
At around 9am this morning I was discharged from the RSCH.

In all my confusion the unidentified lump was on my lung and not my chest. As a smoker since 16 all sorts of dreadful thoughts were running through my head. I've received positive news that there's around a 95% chance it's a chest infection and have been prescribed antibiotics. I've been told to take the rest of the week off work and see my GP tomorrow. The staff at the hospital were incredibly kind and reassuring.

When I got home I managed three hours sleep. I'm just overwhelmed by the kindness shown on here and how caring NSC can be. It might take me a couple of days to respond to the incredible PM's of support on here. Even the kindest words have comforted me throughout this ordeal. Many thanks to Hailsham Seagull for his sincere apology for last Saturday - I'll get round to sending you a message mate.

This forum just simply has to be the best out of all other clubs. I wish I could thank you all personally. I'll get round to it. Once again, sorry for the strong wording in my last paragraph when I started the thread. I felt a panic attack coming on. A lot of other posters on here have worse health problems and keep them hidden.

I'll keep you updated when the official cause of coughing up blood has been found.

I love you all. I can't find the right words to say thanks for keeping up my spirits - when I could get a mobile connection!

It all feels so surreal - the longest night of my life. I'm just glad I'm resting at home.

Thank you. :cry: :thumbsup:

Excellent news, and hey there is wifi …. we just put that bloody in haha

D

Deleted member 22389

In all my confusion the unidentified lump was on my lung and not my chest. As a smoker since 16 all sorts of dreadful thoughts were running through my head. I've received positive news that there's around a 95% chance it's a chest infection and have been prescribed antibiotics. I've been told to take the rest of the week off work and see my GP tomorrow. The staff at the hospital were incredibly kind and reassuring.

When I got home I managed three hours sleep. I'm just overwhelmed by the kindness shown on here and how caring NSC can be. It might take me a couple of days to respond to the incredible PM's of support on here. Even the kindest words have comforted me throughout this ordeal. Many thanks to Hailsham Seagull for his sincere apology for last Saturday - I'll get round to sending you a message mate.

This forum just simply has to be the best out of all other clubs. I wish I could thank you all personally. I'll get round to it. Once again, sorry for the strong wording in my last paragraph when I started the thread. I felt a panic attack coming on. A lot of other posters on here have worse health problems and keep them hidden.

I'll keep you updated when the official cause of coughing up blood has been found.

I love you all. I can't find the right words to say thanks for keeping up my spirits - when I could get a mobile connection!

It all feels so surreal - the longest night of my life. I'm just glad I'm resting at home.

I saw your message this morning about 3:00am, as I was getting ready to leave for work. I was thinking about what you must have gone through last night. So glad your back home. Now you need to take it easy, put your feet up and get ready for our Prime Time slot on BBC1.

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
I saw your message this morning about 3:00am, as I was getting ready to leave for work. I was thinking about what you must have gone through last night. So glad your back home. Now you need to take it easy, put your feet up and get ready for our Prime Time slot on BBC1.

Can I endorse this advice please and even if you feel much better please take the full course of antibiotics mate x

origigull

Jun 29, 2009

I am really glad you are out of hospital and the Albion (and NSC) cheer you up tonight and over the coming days and weeks.. Keep strong and positive.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Its so nice having the peace and quiet at home. Really looking forward to the match tonight.

Everyone has been so kind. I know I wallow in self-pity at times but anyone that has a medical problem,
share your worries and concerns!

I feel so tired now but if I have another nap I won't sleep tonight.

I'll update everyone when I get my results - maybe tomorrow, possibly Friday.

That's all for now. Once again, thank you so much to the beautiful people on here that have lifted my mood and contributed to this thread.

Now it's time for the West Brom v Brighton build-up! Bring it on! :clap2:

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
Its so nice having the peace and quiet at home. Really looking forward to the match tonight.

Everyone has been so kind. I know I wallow in self-pity at times but anyone that has a medical problem,
share your worries and concerns!

I feel so tired now but if I have another nap I won't sleep tonight.

I'll update everyone when I get my results - maybe tomorrow, possibly Friday.

That's all for now. Once again, thank you so much to the beautiful people on here that have lifted my mood and contributed to this thread.

Now it's time for the West Brom v Brighton build-up! Bring it on! :clap2:

Hopefully you’ve got a tv in your ward. Get well soon.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here