Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Let's start the ticket binfest

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
It will be Saturday because of Man City v Spurs in the Champs League on the Tuesday after.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
I know at least 3 STHs who can’t go to this, it’s the first weekend of the school holidays so there will be loads who can’t. Tickets will be no problem, I can even see this getting to a general sale.
The final on the other hand would be a nightmare......

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I know I'll get a ticket (as everyone who was at Millwall / Palace will) but I might hold back purchasing until my wife, who is only a Bronze member can get one OR will STH get the chance to buy an additional ticket for Bronze members (with a certain number of points)?

Good question this. I don't think the problem for most people will be getting tickets - it will be getting tickets together with friends and family they're unable to sit with at the Amex. Would be good if they can find a way of sorting that out.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
On the Man City website they have it listed as Home game ???

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Good question this. I don't think the problem for most people will be getting tickets - it will be getting tickets together with friends and family they're unable to sit with at the Amex. Would be good if they can find a way of sorting that out.
Yes, but don't hold your breath. Barber and his professionals won't be bothered about whether people get to sit together or to go in a standing/singing section - they will just stick to a simplistic application of the points system.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Yes, but don't hold your breath. Barber and his professionals won't be bothered about whether people get to sit together or to go in a standing/singing section - they will just stick to a simplistic application of the points system.

Agree. This is why they should allow people from the beginning up to 4 tickets each. It’s not going to sell out in the immediate ‘rush’ and enables everyone to enjoy the day together whether STH or JCL.

However this won’t happen because football clubs are unable to think like fans. That or don’t care.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
They were drawn first out of the 'hat' yesterday. Presumably they'll also wear home kit and we'll be in the yellow tops?

I don’t mind. I just don’t want us in green. Besides, we have a 100% win record when playing in yellow in FA cup semi finals.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
Agree. This is why they should allow people from the beginning up to 4 tickets each. It’s not going to sell out in the immediate ‘rush’ and enables everyone to enjoy the day together whether STH or JCL.

However this won’t happen because football clubs are unable to think like fans. That or don’t care.

4 each??!

32k allocation, 23k STHs. Would cause chaos.

Barber must ensure all STHs are guaranteed a seat first. Even plus 1 might be brave.

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
On the Man City website they have it listed as Home game ???

FA have probably tipped them the wink about what the refereeing display is likely to be

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
4 each??!

32k allocation, 23k STHs. Would cause chaos.

Barber must ensure all STHs are guaranteed a seat first. Even plus 1 might be brave.

I don't think that we'd sell out as STs +1, but I agree with you, and I reckon there would be an almighty binfest if anything other than 1 ticket per STH or member was announced. You only have to look at this thread to know that whatever form of prioritising for allocation is announced, people will whinge, as usual, and say Barber has got it wrong.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
How many fans have purchase history this season? 21K STH's leaves 6K extra each game. That 6K will not be the same each game so maybe 33K with history. My guess is two per ST from day one.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I don't think that we'd sell out as STs +1, but I agree with you, and I reckon there would be an almighty binfest if anything other than 1 ticket per STH or member was announced. You only have to look at this thread to know that whatever form of prioritising for allocation is announced, people will whinge, as usual, and say Barber has got it wrong.

I'm not sure how it can be done in a way other way one ticket per STH as an initial tier. It's how it's structured below that which is going to be interesting, and will determine how many STHs forego their initial right to buy a ticket to buy, and sit with, non-STHs.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
How many fans have purchase history this season? 21K STH's leaves 6K extra each game. That 6K will not be the same each game so maybe 33K with history. My guess is two per ST from day one.

I don't see how it can be that for the simple reason that 23k * 2 does not go into 33k.

Sleaford Seagull

Nov 17, 2010
Sleaford
I’d be very surprised if season ticket holders get offered more than 1 each. Be frustrating if non-sth members with 100+ points lose out to +1’s of STH’s who may not have been to a game at all.

Deano's Right Foot

Jul 5, 2003
Barcombe
Would they not do the usual thing. If they have 33,000 tickets then they look at 32,000 (or 28k or 30k) people and the first tier is for them, e.g. STH and bronze members with xx loyalty points?

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I'm not sure how it can be done in a way other way one ticket per STH as an initial tier. It's how it's structured below that which is going to be interesting, and will determine how many STHs forego their initial right to buy a ticket to buy, and sit with, non-STHs.

Agree they can't allow STH's more than 1 ticket in the initial tier. I'm quite fortunate in that the only other people I go to football with are all STH, so won't be an issue us sitting together, apart from which one of us will have to make the initial outlay to buy all the tickets at the same time.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
I’d be very surprised if season ticket holders get offered more than 1 each. Be frustrating if non-sth members with 100+ points lose out to +1’s of STH’s who may not have been to a game at all.

What about if a STH could buy their ticket, together with (at the same time as) a member with say 100 plus points?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here