Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] British IS Girl wanting to return to the UK

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Genuine question. Would the child automatically be a British citizen, even if the birth had not been registered? She can't have registered him in Britain and not sure if there is a registration office in the Syrian camp..
My mate emigrated to the US and his wife gave birth and I'm pretty sure the kids have dual citizenship now. But he would have registered them in the US and possibly ticked a box there to say he wants them to be dual citizens.

Genuine question. Was there ever a baby? Was she actually pregnant?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Genuine question. Would the child automatically be a British citizen, .

dont recall the rules around this other than its certainly not automatic.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Blame the mother for the death and nobody else. Keep her away from the UK

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Correct, though entitlement applies as the child of a British parent.

(My son was born abroad.)

Only up to the age of 18 and British Citizenship has to be sought. My son (born in Canada) faffed about with his citizenship, living here legally as a dependent of mine, and eventually (age 19) had to do the citizenship test (which he failed first time). Entitlement has to be acted upon if you have a foreign birth cirtificate (or, no UK birth certificate).

I nearly wrote something uncharatable about the young woman in question, relating to the liklihood this happening all over again in ten months, but that would have been needlessly flippant.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
That baby was innocent. It had done nothing wrong. This country could have saved it. There is no compassion in this country anymore.

Very upsetting.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
That baby was innocent. It had done nothing wrong. This country could have saved it. There is no compassion in this country anymore.

Very upsetting.

Totally concur.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
They most certainly were. Nasty, sadistic bitches too.
I'm sure that after the war there were a great many Germans denying they'd ever supported Hitler or the Nazi Party - and that many of those denials were false. Conversely, I guess it's also true to say that if you were German born and bred and living in Germany in the 30s and through the war, it was very difficult, or unwise - to say the very least! - to turn round and say, No, that Hitler bloke's got it all wrong, killing jews is wicked, he's a raving psychopath and needs to be stopped. I suppose a few did - but they were unlikely to be around to tell their stories after the liberation in 1945!

Last edited:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

Very upsetting.

The girl was asked 2 weeks ago if she'd be prepared to let her sick son come back to the UK to be cared for by the grandparents but she said no, she wouldn't let that happen. You cannot blame the UK for that.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
Although this case is very sad there are hundreds even thousands of babies that die out there which get no publicity.

This case has actually served to give those babies that "publicity" by highlighting the high incidence of infant mortality out there.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
That baby was innocent. It had done nothing wrong. This country could have saved it.
How do you know? Infant mortality happens all the time. Sometimes even in wonderful fully equipped mother and baby units in Britain. Sadly, some babies do just die.

There is no compassion in this country anymore. Very upsetting.
Not this country's responsibility. The baby was born in Syria (so maybe Syria should have done more) to a Dutch father (so maybe the Netherlands should have done more) and a mother who had joined a bunch of murderous psychopaths bent on murdering British people (if they weren't the 'right' sort of Muslim) - and anybody else they fancied killing - so maybe if ISIS had taken a bit more trouble to set up some medical facilities instead of concentrating on beheading any innocent victim that fell into their clutches, maybe ISIS could then have done a bit more to save her baby.

Frankly anyone who thinks the UK should somehow take the blame or hold our heads in shame needs their head wobbling. Hard (but maybe not in the ISIS way of wobbling heads!)

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
Only up to the age of 18 and British Citizenship has to be sought. My son (born in Canada) faffed about with his citizenship, living here legally as a dependent of mine, and eventually (age 19) had to do the citizenship test (which he failed first time). Entitlement has to be acted upon if you have a foreign birth cirtificate (or, no UK birth certificate).

I nearly wrote something uncharatable about the young woman in question, relating to the liklihood this happening all over again in ten months, but that would have been needlessly flippant.

No-one could ever accuse you of that !!:lolol:

teammelli

Jul 25, 2018
Well, that was the worst possible of all outcomes. Now everyone will play a blame game ignoring that a newborn has died, just like so many other little blameless babies. May God forgive our souls for our failure as a global society in protecting these innocents.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here